1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

1x ONLY option in MIUI not CM7???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickmorin99, Dec 20, 2011.

1. nickmorin99

nickmorin99 Newbie

Hello all....

First off I know 1x is slow as hell and has nothing to do with my question.

MIUI has the ability to enable 2G ONLY, which drops data to 1x on the Triumph. I noticed a huge battery saving when I did this and left it at 1x the majority of the day. I was dropping only about 2% per hour. My question is, how come I can enable 2G only in MIUI and there is no option in CM7 for it? In my mind you it is beneficial to still have background data on constantly at a low and slow speed than having Juice Defender check in ever 5 minutes at 3G speed.

I have tried all type of 2G/3G widgets from the market and none will switch CM7 to 2G.

Any ideas why this is not enabled?

BTW...I love both the ROMs and thank everyone for their hard work. You have made this phone much better than stock.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nickmorin99

nickmorin99 Newbie

BTW I did find out that you can get into the phone settings and change this manually, but its rather a PITA if you want to do this throughout the day

in the phone dialer go type in *#*#4636#*#*
    >Phone Information>Set preferred network type>CDMA only = 1x only, CDMA auto (PRL) = 3G/1x

Is there an easier way to do this??

3. in CM7 you can put a toggle switch in the notification shade that switches network modes.

set this up in settings > cyanogenmod > interface > power widgets? i think... lol, its there SOMEWHERE. i used it and it worked.

im on miui right now so cant check the exact location of the setting.

4. kameleon

kameleon Lurker

Under cyanogenmod settings -> interface -> Notification Power Widget -> Widget buttons. I just looked and the "Toggle 2G/3G" option is not selectable. Not even when selecting the different network modes.

5. nickmorin99

nickmorin99 Newbie

In CM7 it is greyed out so you can't even select it.

FWIW, I unplugged my phone before I went to be last night at 100% charge. On 1x after 7.5 hrs of sleep it was down to 90%. I'd say that's some awesome battery life potential. On 3G with Juice Defender it would be low 80's high 70's. Battery drain was similar with MIUI when on 1x.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews