• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1x1 Camera Widget for WidgetLocker (solved)

I would like to be able to take a picture from the Widget Locker screen without having to unlock my phone. I can put a camera shortcut on the WidgetLocker screen (in fact, there's one there by default), but I still need to unlock the phone before using the camera.

I might be misunderstanding things, but if I had a camera widget, could I take pictures without unlocking the phone?

All I can find on the MarketPlace is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ezcamwidget&hl=en but it's got a 4x1 widget.

I'm sure I can't be the only person wanting to do this, but I can't find it discussed anywhere so far.

You're right that WidgetLocker doesn't disable the lock screen, it just appears before the lock screen is shown.

However, I think that widgets on the WidgetLocker screen can do things without the phone being unlocked. For example, the ICE widget can make phone calls and send text messages without the phone being unlocked.

I've only just started using WidgetLocker, so I might well be wrong!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones