• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.0.1 and FB Contact Sync Problem?

my contacts are all screwed up now, not due to FB though :(... try logging into the facebook app.. it was not logged in after my update

Yeah, I did that already. That's how I got them to resync to begin with. I even exported all my gmail contacts & turned off FB sync, then deleted all of my gmail contacts making sure that I now I had no contacts at all on my phone, then reimporting into gmail, making sure the gmail contacts were on the phone again, and then turning on FB sync again. Same result.

I see the "FB Profile" bar on each contact that matches with one of my phone contacts, but none of the FB details get added to the contact.

Upvote 0
I am still showing details but I had to re-sync Facebook via the Sync menu in settings. I show all the email/site/phone info for those users, and images, etc.

The only thing is I noticed all the status' had reset and its only showing ones that I've sync'd into my current views since upgrading. So people who haven't posted in the past X number of posts that Facebook shows have no status' which I'm sure if normal. I just had been updating constantly previously.

Otherwise my contacts appear just fine after I went into settings/sync and resync'd facebook.

Upvote 0
I updated my phone to 2.0.1 on Dec 8th, 2009.

I have some of my contact's status that is updated, but the majority shows no status.

The FB application is installed; I have signed in, have chosen to sync contacts, and did go to Android settings to sync/refresh contacts - still no success.

Also, the Facebook Phonebook that used to contain my FB friend

Upvote 0
Sigh....

did you guys even open up the native facebook app after updating to 2.01?

After i updated to 2.01 i noticed the Facebook Widget was Empty,

So i touched it and it asked me to sign in (im guessing because it updated) it needed me to sign in all over again.

once i did that it asked me to choose the contact sync preference again. like i first set it up.

im guessing you guys either had your widgets deleted and never even did this or you never opened up the native app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones