• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
tell me about it lol, i love this phone but the software (1.5) really sucks cause it lags so bad :(

Google stated they are about to release the open source code for 2.1 it might still be a month. Some phones are supposedly listed as to not be getting 2.0 or 1 until march or april while others like the droid might be getting it within a week. It's still up in the air right now.

Upvote 0
Chad- Agreed on apps closing. They tend to stack up. I've noticed that some apps will close if you use the "back" button to exit out of them. But for the most part, you have to run a task killer program.

The failing to exit programs is an Android issue in general, but you're also having issues specific to the Behold 2. Samsung, in their infinite wizdom, included a bunch of junk apps that you CANNOT remove. Such as Telenav. I don't drive, and I'm not paying $10 a month for something I can get free, so it really drives me crazy that we can't un-install junk like this. Especially since Telenav constantly starts up in the background, stealing ram.

Other Behold 2 apps you can't un-install include the "e-mail" app for exchange e-mail, the Cube app, and a few others.

like I said, just get a good task killer program. Perhaps later versions of Android are better, but I suspect it will be a LONG time before anything 2.0 or higher gets ported to the Behold 2.... so don't hold your breath.

:mad:

Are the random programs (ie Telenav) that are always running a symptom of OS 1.5 or is that just Android in general?

I wish apps would do a better job at including a close feature.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones