1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.05/2.15 radio update and roaming capabilities

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by debosmebo, Aug 13, 2010.

1. debosmebo

debosmebo Newbie

Will updating the radio effect my ability to update my roaming capability on on Verizon calling *228?

2. acidbath5546

acidbath5546 Android Enthusiast

Nope...did it myself and it worked fine :)

3. foreWard

foreWard Well-Known Member

where do i get 2.05 radio.....I dont want to do unrevoked forever quite yet, and just want to try the first update...thanks.

4. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I can't update PRL since flashing the 2.15 radio. When I call *228 it says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed as dialed".

See edit below. This could explain some things for other users:

As stated above, I haven't been able to update PRL for some time now. I thought it was related to the 2.15 radio but now I think it was related to my Rom and more specifically, a glitch in my dialer. When I entered *228, it was auto-deleting the *, leaving only the 228. I didn't ever pay attention to it but reading this thread got me back on the war path to solving this issue.

So...to get it working right, I dialed *2...it then erased the * as usual...I then used the "back" button on the dialer screen not the phone's back key, and then re-entered *228 and it worked that way, finally allowing me to call and update PRL. Now I'm finally getting normal 3G speeds again.

This has been a bit of a relief and I'll bet others have hit a similar snag leading to reports of not being able to update roaming.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews