• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.05/2.15 radio update and roaming capabilities

I can't update PRL since flashing the 2.15 radio. When I call *228 it says "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed as dialed".

See edit below. This could explain some things for other users:

As stated above, I haven't been able to update PRL for some time now. I thought it was related to the 2.15 radio but now I think it was related to my Rom and more specifically, a glitch in my dialer. When I entered *228, it was auto-deleting the *, leaving only the 228. I didn't ever pay attention to it but reading this thread got me back on the war path to solving this issue.

So...to get it working right, I dialed *2...it then erased the * as usual...I then used the "back" button on the dialer screen not the phone's back key, and then re-entered *228 and it worked that way, finally allowing me to call and update PRL. Now I'm finally getting normal 3G speeds again.

This has been a bit of a relief and I'll bet others have hit a similar snag leading to reports of not being able to update roaming.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones