• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 delayed AGAIN!!

I leave my phones screen on, with brightness set at about 60%. I have the Wi-Fi connection going and my phone will only get about 6 hours. The have two widgets that I know of that is using resources on the home screen; one is called "System Info Widget" and the other is Beautiful Widgets (has the clock and weather running). I cannot see how those widgets can be draining the battery the way that it is.

I also have other widgets running in the background, which are; the stock email app and the MailDroid app. No phone, no txt messaging, no GPS, nothing else..

So what do you guys think is sucking the juice out of my battery? I am almost to the point of just running a stock phone so I can get through the day and can actually use it. If I were to make phone calls and use the Internet and Text messaging, my phone would be lucky to get four hours...

THOUGHTS???

NOTE: I am on the AT&T network with all of their bloat ware and I am NOT rooted..

Upvote 0
THOUGHTS???

NOTE: I am on the AT&T network with all of their bloat ware and I am NOT rooted..

Well, quick rundown

R2BA026 FW

running ADW - 5 screens of widgets

Meridian Music Player
Jorte Calendar
Ebo Birthday
Beautiful Widgets (home clock) 1hr refresh
BatteryLife
SD Card Widget
Internal Memory Widget
3g Watchdog
Handcent SMS widget
Tweetcaster Widget
Google Search
Audio Manager Widget
Quick Settings
Cardio Trainer Widget

Email 30 minute updates
Tweetcaster 10 minute updates
Screen brightness automatic

Various widgets have refresh options, not many below 1 hour

GSM/WCDMA preferred, WiFi on (only if at home/work - otherwise off)

NEVER less than 13 hours - usually 20+hrs

So how can i run all that and get such a battery life and people run stock and get 33%/50% of my stats with no updates on data ???

Will post screenshot tomorrow night on usage

Leaving here about 7:30am so will se where it is as i won't get home till about 9pm

Tonight, before on charge my phone took 30 minutes to go from 2% to switching off

Upvote 0
Well, quick rundown

R2BA026 FW

running ADW - 5 screens of widgets

Meridian Music Player
Jorte Calendar
Ebo Birthday
Beautiful Widgets (home clock) 1hr refresh
BatteryLife
SD Card Widget
Internal Memory Widget
3g Watchdog
Handcent SMS widget
Tweetcaster Widget
Google Search
Audio Manager Widget
Quick Settings
Cardio Trainer Widget

Email 30 minute updates
Tweetcaster 10 minute updates
Screen brightness automatic

Various widgets have refresh options, not many below 1 hour

GSM/WCDMA preferred, WiFi on (only if at home/work - otherwise off)

NEVER less than 13 hours - usually 20+hrs

So how can i run all that and get such a battery life and people run stock and get 33%/50% of my stats with no updates on data ???

Will post screenshot tomorrow night on usage

Leaving here about 7:30am so will se where it is as i won't get home till about 9pm

Tonight, before on charge my phone took 30 minutes to go from 2% to switching off

That is unreal.. Now I do have some things on 2 other screens (Using 3 screens), which don't run always, but you have more than me and I am getting half of what your time is and doing no phone calls or messaging!

Are you ROOTED by chance??

Upvote 0
That is unreal.. Now I do have some things on 2 other screens (Using 3 screens), which don't run always, but you have more than me and I am getting half of what your time is and doing no phone calls or messaging!

Are you ROOTED by chance??

Good morning from Peterborough train station lol

I AM rooted but only been done for 6 days - the usage results have been since i got the phone upto R2BA026 months ago - and only rooted through the rooting app not a full root (have not removed anything off the phone, just changed font and UI colour)

look at this link to see when/how i did my rooting and fonts http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/201626-mediascap-stops-when-phone-locks.html

and here for the UI colour change http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/202554-rooted-x10-how-do-i-theme-change-ui-colour.html

Final results here http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/203317-new-look-homescreen-extras.html

at the minute, nearly 6 hours unplugged and i have used it as normal, nothing changed from above setup, phone still at 75%

**EDIT** 3pm ish

Arrived at Newcastle about an hour or so ago, battery now at 50% - 45min phone call as well as some music play (through headphones) since our last chat - plus, messaging, twitter and email updates at similar intervals

Upvote 0
Well balls to it - messed the screen grab up as dropped my phone and cable worked loose

Battery is currently sat on 16% and was on for 15hrs and 10 mins when plugged in

Highest usage was display at about 46% (may need to turn brightness right down instead of automatic)

Voice calls 2nd at about 20% - after that unsure - but hey a good 15 hours and still juice to go - gonna leave it now and see how far it goes till flat

or till i'm asleep, whichever comes quicker

and again - apologies for mess up

Upvote 0
Can't see it being of much use TBH

what use will we actually get out of a phone with a Dual Shock controller built into it

everyone is yay we love it - but nothing has even been confirmed yet

and if it means playing Angry Birds with buttons, think i'll stick with my X10 and wait for the XX10 or X12 or whatever replaces this phone that isn't PS branded

Would be nice to get an Xperia running Android 2.2/3.0 with the 16mp Cybershot camera thats just been integrated into another Sony handset

Upvote 0
Can't see it being of much use TBH

what use will we actually get out of a phone with a Dual Shock controller built into it

LOL :D

Would be nice to get an Xperia running Android 2.2/3.0 with the 16mp Cybershot camera thats just been integrated into another Sony handset

I was thinking the exact same thing, would be nice

Upvote 0
why would you want to ??

Obviously to ahem control the PS3 for things like accessing photo's, music, films and so on.

The PS3 will connect to a PC via WIFI and will let you stream all of the above from your PC to the PS3 and so display them on your TV and with the PSP you can connect to your PS3 from the other side of the world.

As most people (me included) use the PS3 as the main media device for storage and playback then it would be nice to be able to access or control the PS3 somehow from a SE phone.

If I can access my PC through an Android device then why not the PS3

Upvote 0
Again your looking at it the wrong way :D

Your working away from home and you have films, music, pictures of good times and loved ones on your PS3, and this app would allow you to turn on the PS3 and stream all of the above to your phone via wifi or 3G.

I have mates who work on oil rigs or similar and have young kids I know we have things like youtube and photobucket but how nice would it be if your partner could load a film of your 3 year old at the park a few pictures of the family party at the weekend and a new film and you could just fire up an app and access all of that on your PS3!

See your looking at it the wrong way...

Oh...

You ARE an old fart :p

six axis/dual shock

What the hell! Come on it's the Move for the win baby :D

Upvote 0
how nice would it be if your partner could load a film of your 3 year old at the park a few pictures of the family party at the weekend and a new film and you could just fire up an app and access all of that on your PS3!

Well lets see, if i am working away from home i won't have my PS3 with me, if i did then i would also have a laptop/external HDD therefore i'd just get it dropped onto FTP server and download while at work

therefore not needing a "playstation phone"

i'm looking at it the perfect way - there's just absolutely NO NEED to control a PS3 with a mobile phone

And for the record - the MOVE for PS3 is a bag of - manure -

for next gen controllers, seriously, it has to be KINECT

but thats off topic, what you mentioned above, an APP to fire up to access data on a computer elsewhere is a great idea (already implimented on iPad by the TECHGUYS in UK)

but a playstation phone - is a phone to play playstation games, to access a (kinda) PS market or online store, similar to the PS3

THAT is pointless

Upvote 0
With all respects...

You can be pig headed at times.

This 1 2 with us started from this:

why cant SE design a app to remotely control the ps3 with existing hardware,, seems logical

I gave what was a great "general" reason and your reply is:

Well lets see, if i am working away from home i won't have my PS3 with me, if i did then i would also have a laptop/external HDD therefore i'd just get it dropped onto FTP server and download while at work

therefore not needing a "playstation phone"

i'm looking at it the perfect way - there's just absolutely NO NEED to control a PS3 with a mobile phone

Why would anyone have their PS3 with them??? (Really!)

Surely I did not need to add:

this app would allow you to turn on the PS3 from where ever you are and stream all of the above to your phone via wifi or 3G whilst your PS3 is at your home whilst you are away from YOUR HOME!!!

I have never travelled with my laptop as the for the last 2 years my phone's have let me do all I need internet wise... But we are in differing jobs, Im a decorator and extreme sports instructor so to me it's either a B&B or a tent/camper van :D

Or are you just being your normal argumentative self and wearing your blinkers again? :eek: :p

Upvote 0
2n0r9qe.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones