• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi guys,
I recently installed 2.1 on my portal and i must say that i love the way it looks and feels and i noticed a few obvious changes but whats the best features on it? I havn't really got use to it yet so just wondered if theres anything really good?

And finally, is there any way to clear market place search history?

Hi guys,
I recently installed 2.1 on my portal and i must say that i love the way it looks and feels and i noticed a few obvious changes but whats the best features on it? I havn't really got use to it yet so just wondered if theres anything really good?

And finally, is there any way to clear market place search history?
Use an app called History Eraser.

See market place.

For a big improvement try a home replacement, such as Launcher Pro.

Again on the marketplace.

Upvote 0
Thanks alot, il check that out. Once uninstalled does your original home come back?
I think im getting the hang of it now, although i dont understand why android keyboard constantly runs in running services?
The Default Home is called Pantheon. If you replace it with say Launcher Pro, unless you then go on to delete Pantheon, it will still be there. And yes your phone will revert back to Pantheon, if you un-uinstall Launcher Pro.

As Android is based on Linux, you don't need to worry about running services. Android places items in RAM ready to run should you need them, making the phone faster.

Android is just trying to help you. If it really bugs you, checkout a Task Killer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones