• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

Uninstalled/Reinstalled? If you're capable of doing that... would it not be possible to find the update file? Just saying...

He is talking about the google maps update, not the 2.1 update.

The Blue Arrow only pops up if Navigation is active. Look for a icon called 'Navigator' or 'Car Panel'. That should launch it.

No, it is an app icon on the Eris now.

Upvote 0
what i dont understand when the update for the moto droid came out someone went into the sdcard when they got the notification and actually copied the update and put up on a website why cannt that be done with the eris ? so the update can be forced to the other phone so we don thave to wait

I'm wondering the same thing. If I get it, I would like to know how to share it with people.

Upvote 0
In Verizon's info they say the upgrade is optional. http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/eris_instructions.pdf

It also says that it is mandatory. That whole first, overview section:

This update includes enhancements for your DROID ERIS by HTC. You cannot use your phone/make emergency calls during this optional update.

Some settings/applications will change back to default, but may be resynced/reset following the completion of the upgrade.

To help you with the mandatory system update for your DROID Eris by HTC, this page contains the following information:

Upvote 0
Running 2.1 v3 leak. Just did a *#*#checkin#*#* and suddenly copy protected apps that I could not get in the market before are available so this is promising. I did notice there are some features that appear to still be missing/hidden in the 3rd leak so I am anxious for the final official release. Anyone have it yet? Anyone seen it posted on the interwebs anywhere?

Upvote 0
Running 2.1 v3 leak. Just did a *#*#checkin#*#* and suddenly copy protected apps that I could not get in the market before are available so this is promising. I did notice there are some features that appear to still be missing/hidden in the 3rd leak so I am anxious for the final official release. Anyone have it yet? Anyone seen it posted on the interwebs anywhere?

Welcome!

Nobody's seen it yet. But just keep watching here and eventually news (good or bad) will arrive.

So far today *#*#checkin#*#* has afforded no result from what I've read. Just app updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones