• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

I have a lock pattern that i have to draw after i slide it down to unlock to make sure nobody messes with my phone.

On that screen it shows the % charged (i have it plugged in via USB)
also shows time and date.
I would take a picture but i don't have my camera with me.

Ok, yea same thing with v3... just never used the lock pattern before while charging.

I thought you meant the elusive Desk Clock while charging... just another claim by VZW

Upvote 0
Also, what is the "50% bug" that I keep seeing? I've seen this mentioned many times, but never in detail and a search doesn't return any results. Thanks.

You can check for the 50% bug by going to Settings -> About phone -> Battery -> Battery use then click on Cell Standby

It's been said the reason for this is the phone looks for GSM and/or CDMA... not sure if it actually causes any issues

You can fixed it by simply putting your phone into Airplane mode, then hitting the End/Sleep button... wait 10 seconds, then wake the phone back up and turn off Airplane mode.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Upvote 0
I received the update but am now required to enter an 8 digit password to unlock my phone just to use it.

From messing around I identified that it's because my company's exchange account requires SSL encryption. :(

That said, I have co-worker on iphone that do their standard 4 digits to unlock so I have to assume there's away for us Droid users to still do the screen pattern.

Greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts/work arounds.

Yeah - good luck with that! Been trying to find a work around since I installed the V1 leak. This is a push down from your work (ActiveSync) Exchange server. The SSL makes it happen that way, and my work e-mail won't connect unless I have SSL enabled. On 1.5 I just had the screen pattern and I miss that.

@LED & @Raptor - You're not the only one from Roch-cha-cah :D

Upvote 0
Yeah - good luck with that! Been trying to find a work around since I installed the V1 leak. This is a push down from your work (ActiveSync) Exchange server. The SSL makes it happen that way, and my work e-mail won't connect unless I have SSL enabled. On 1.5 I just had the screen pattern and I miss that.

Check the other thread. Lockpicker will make you very happy.

Reactions: Artietude
Upvote 0

@LED & @Raptor - You're not the only one from Roch-cha-cah :D

This is actually caused by the Exchange ActiveSync mobile device security settings, not by the SSL, after setting up numerous Exchange servers I ALWAYS make sure to turn off the require unlock password feature. Talk to the network admin and see if he would be willing to turn it off.

Upvote 0
what are you basing this opinion on?

Everyone who has OTA has pretty much said its not any different than v3 leak.
I never had v3 leak, but I did just get on 2.1, and I also see for myself now, no 3d gallery, no microphone button on the keyboard, no pinch to zoom in google maps, same 50% without signal bug.
Everything matches up. Im not sure what is left that people think is actually different from v3.

Upvote 0
While I do believe that, they also say that it can be pulled at any random time of the day, yet everyone I have read who is reporting getting OTA says that it happened after midnight/while they were sleeping/very early morning.

Yes - the -order- is random, but the time it happens is usually during the hours of darkness. Probably for bandwidth and quality-of-service reasons.

I dunno about that... I recall seeing posts about people getting it at ~9:00 am, 12:30 pm, 3:30 pm4:30 pm, 1:00 am (all EST times)... so I think you really could get it at any time during the day.

However, for the previous two updates, my phone received them around 1:00-2:00 am...

Really there is no way to guess a time. Just wait and be patient! You WILL get it soon :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Everyone who has OTA has pretty much said its not any different than v3 leak.
I never had v3 leak, but I did just get on 2.1, and I also see for myself now, no 3d gallery, no microphone button on the keyboard, no pinch to zoom in google maps, same 50% without signal bug.
Everything matches up. Im not sure what is left that people think is actually different from v3.
Drilling deep into the 2.1 OTA file that I downloaded, I had a feeling that v3 and the OTA were pretty much going to be one and the same. While in many respects that is unfortunate, as there are several bugs in the build that I wish were fixed, I'm glad I really didn't miss anything by upgrading to the leaks.

The only thing that I miss in 2.1 (leaks) that I had in 1.5 was the ability to pull up a contact and expand upon the notes I had listed for that contact w/o having to go in and act like I'm going to edit the contact. I hope that it is just a glitch with my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones