1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deathratlehead, May 10, 2010.

1. New York City, just got home from all day bachelorette party, grilled cheese from the local deli in hand and found I had OTA waiting. Had to have come some time between 2:30 AM and now since I was texting at 2:30 AM and didn't see. Finishing grilled cheese and installing.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Drolshanka

Drolshanka Lurker

I was downloading the update and when my phone went to restart it froze on the start up screen- the white screen with the android skaters- I have tried taking the battery out to see if that changes it but no such luck. Any help?

3. MuZI

MuZI Lurker

AZ around 8:45pm I got the notification of the update.

Took 15 mins to download and maybe 10-15 to install.

Works great... so far...

4. squirrellydw

squirrellydw Member

Just got my update, Harrisburg PA. Does the update have Speach to Text, NOT text to speach?

5. ScOuTzErO

ScOuTzErO Newbie

Got the OTA this morning. Had to hard reset the phone for it to take.

6. gm991

gm991 Android Enthusiast

Boston 7:15 getting my OTA update.....:)

7. It's finally here. I just got the update this morning (5/16/2010). I live just outside of Hartford, CT. Installing it now.

8. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Got the update last night in central NY. Not overly impressed yet. Makes the phone faster and the new widgets are nice. Nav is sweet, etc. However I had to reinstall Google Voice because it would force close every time I would open it. The HTC weather app force closes and then force closes Sense every F'ing time I open it as well. Did a restart didn't help. Anyone else have the weather issue?

9. mollic503

mollic503 Lurker

Any thoughts as to the order of the OTA update? My wife and I both bought new phones the same day, both HTC Eris. I got my update this morning, and she didn't.

10. FredNitz

FredNitz Member

Battery out. Wait about 10 minutes. Then try again.

11. swe3t23

swe3t23 Android Enthusiast

i got mine out i had to erase some apps because i didn't have enough space on my internal memory.

12. bluethunder

bluethunder Newbie

Yay! OTA is here!

13. bluethunder

bluethunder Newbie

Can someone post this link? I have searched high and low and can only find references to it. I can't find the actual link.

And I assume it is safe? Why wasn't it included??

14. toppy

toppy Newbie

I received an odd error message last night - right around the time everyone else was getting their updates. I should have taken a picture of it, but didn't. It said something like package.installer.android.something has unexpectedly quit. Does anyone know if that is related to the update?

My husband got his update sometime in the middle of the night, still nothing for me.

15. iandroidian

iandroidian Newbie

Well, I guess the OTA update is based on sale date. My wife got her eris 2 weeks before mine. The last OTA update, she got hers a day earlier. Since this is bigger file, I am assuming it will take a little bit longer to be distributed.

16. shaggerr23

shaggerr23 Newbie

Maryland-Bought the phone in febuary-Got my notice this morning...Updating as i type this

17. HMHB

HMHB Lurker

Just woke up, system 'update' available! D/L now.

A fantastic day in Minneapolis!!!

Apparently D/L is complete, just verifying - about 8 mins so far in total, using wi-fi and not 3G all kinds of win today!

18. 4bcarter

4bcarter Lurker

Anyone in North Carolina received the OTA yet?

19. bsutton1

bsutton1 Android Enthusiast

^ nope.. still waiting

20. s0ma

s0ma Newbie

Oh the irony... my wife woke up this morning (really, Sunday?) to find she had the OTA waiting for her.

Cleveland, OH area.

I was the one who was frantically "when's 2.1 coming? is it here yet? NO! is it here yet? NO! is it here yet? NO!". :mad: :D

21. rconkin

rconkin Lurker

I am East TN, my son and I got our phones on the same day and he got his update yesterday. I still have not gotten mine.

22. HMHB

HMHB Lurker

Install complete, just d/l the text to speech app from the market, was auto promted there from clicking on the widget.

Couple thing I instantly noticed : Lost my wall paper - no big deal
    All apps still in place
    Contacts - 5 'phone contacts still remain with name , email etc all my google contacts are still here as well, #s only no names, guess I just need to re-sync with google, though my gmail widget has gone!

Good stuff so far, new toy to play with :)

23. livefreebee

livefreebee Newbie

I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but I do not have time to weed through 45 pages of replies. Are the leakers receiving the OTA update? I bought my Eris in early December and leaked pretty soon after it came out (version 1) and haven't seen the OTA yet. Has anyone who leaked gotten the OTA or do we need to manually install?

Also, are Erises on warantee for a year after purchase?

24. pcdroid

pcdroid Newbie

I got my update on 5/14 and have problems ever since the update. I now have a short battery life span. I went from fully charged this morning to 75% in roughly 15 mins of the phone just sitting there.

The phone is faster when it wants to be, if it doesn't want to lagg on the web.

If anyone is having battery life problems, please contact me in the next 30 mins or so. I will be taking to phone back to verizon for help

25. jlrosell

jlrosell Android Enthusiast

Dont know if you bought the phone brand new, but everyone had that problem on 1.5, then it settles in after a few days.
    The same thing happens with this update. Get a couple charges in it, and it will get better. Id say give it at least until tomorrow. I think you should notice some improvements by then.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews