• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

does anyone know if the OTA has been rooted yet?
links??:D
You can root if you have the OTA. Because it kept the same bootloader as 1.5 which is rootable. So this means that OTA people are still rootable as well. As far as roots being based on OTA? I dont think that has happened yet, but there are good stable, fast ROMs based off of leak V3 which is the same so... Look for those.
Is root available for v2?
no

Upvote 0
My signal bars haven't gotten pass two bars since i downloaded it! And the battery life is terrible. How do you fix the signal strength?

Give it about 2 days, it will settle down and you will notice battery life improving again back to what you are used to.
Lower signal bars is something everything is experiencing on leaks and OTA, but it seems just cosmetic. It is not draining your battery.

Upvote 0
My signal bars haven't gotten pass two bars since i downloaded it! And the battery life is terrible. How do you fix the signal strength?
The number of bars is actually not very meaningful as it's just a relative indicator. Check the signal strength in dBm? For the same signal strength, my Eris shows fewer bars than my Moto Droid but will outperform it in call quality.

Upvote 0
i cant pinch to zoom in google maps..my battery is TERRIBLE..its slower than 1.5..whats going on? is it just my phone?

Perhaps. Try doing a factory reset (after backing everything up, of course), and see if it fixes it. It just might. If not, take it in to a Verizon store and have them take a look at it. It may need to be replaced if the factory reset doesn't fix it.

Check out this thread... http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/78672-will-factory-reset.html#post749612

Upvote 0
I just got mine today made my day! However most of my contacts r gone. Won't sync my FB and twitter. Crappy Signal and battery. I'm gonna take it to the store here it a bit once its done charging. Ya I got the update at 11am MI full battery just took it off the charger. After the update the batter was below 50% and it was only and 1hr later!

Give it some time to re-sync everything. Your contacts, for example, should show up once it syncs with Google. The Facebook pictures will gradually make their way back as well (assuming they were Google contacts to begin with). The battery meter has probably been reset so, after running it down and charging it back up, it should get a feel for the limits and sort itself out. Keep in mind that it's going through a lot of processing and re-syncing to get itself to full status. That drains the battery. In other words, be patient and see if it sorts itself out over the next day or two.

Upvote 0
Give it some time to re-sync everything. Your contacts, for example, should show up once it syncs with Google. The Facebook pictures will gradually make their way back as well (assuming they were Google contacts to begin with). The battery meter has probably been reset so, after running it down and charging it back up, it should get a feel for the limits and sort itself out. Keep in mind that it's going through a lot of processing and re-syncing to get itself to full status. That drains the battery. In other words, be patient and see if it sorts itself out over the next day or two.
Oh I know it was done syncing since 12 Noon. And still some contact r not gone and all that. Even tho I synced right b4 I installed it. So I do not know lol. I'm just happy to have 2.1 now!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones