1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deathratlehead, May 10, 2010.

1. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

Got the update yesterday morning. Everything is good to go. Had to uninstall and reinstall CoPilot Live and Zedge but everything else is working great. Keyboard has zero lag and no more lag between screens...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Cajun83

Cajun83 Well-Known Member

You will have to resync them once you update. You won't lose them.

3. deslovedroid

deslovedroid Newbie

Thanks! Now I feel a little better!

4. wesleypipesyo

wesleypipesyo Newbie

Not to [​IMG] But is the OTA going to the leakers here?

Also, Do you think I can go into a VZW store and get them to flash me back down to the 1.5 or am I boned. The V2 leak kinda sucks. And I am thinking I want to root now. Footprints and Amazon MP3 store is starting to piss me off some times

5. icomeanon

icomeanon Well-Known Member

yay glue!

no, VZW and HTC decided that leakers dont deserve the OTA, so we're all up that smelly brown creek for the moment. if you have that asurion insurance, tho, i think you can probably smash your phone with a hammer and get a new one...at least, thats what the website seems to imply under its "accidental damage" section....

6. AlxSTi

AlxSTi Lurker

Thanks - the google sync saves ALL contacts, correct (not just the gmail/gtalk ones)?

7. DaveDragon

DaveDragon Newbie

Got my notification this morning. It seems many have. Did a factory reset (1.5) then allowed it to do the update. Don't have time at work to set it up or play with it.

8. steelersfan

steelersfan Newbie

OTA came Sunday am for me ... two factory resets and multiple calls to Verizon service; six hours later .. its back

Seeing some of the same issues as others have observed (50% signal issue, etc). I really think the radio portion of this build is off. Of course that supposes its anything like the crackberry I was used to. Phone runs fine, displayed signal quality is an issue for me, despite repeated *228 (1,2,99) repeats

Don't really have any idea of the signal till I make a call; something that never happened before

9. wesleypipesyo

wesleypipesyo Newbie

[​IMG]

Might not be a good place. That insurance is a bit ridiculous... I bet I can find a new phone fairly cheap now that it is obsolete.

10. sukiboots

sukiboots Lurker

Anyone else have an issue syncing bluetooth with car?

It worked fine on 1.5, but now with OTA my car is not recognizing it. :mad:

I have a 08 BMW M3.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

11. sanderjm

sanderjm Newbie

The folks on Verizonwireless' Twitter feed are still assuring me that all Eris users will get the OTA. I even asked about those who leaked and they said yes. They also promised me a nwe fancy rocket ship too!!e folks a

12. drummerben

drummerben Lurker

It seems all the stats are the same...except the PRL (not really sure what that is. Mine (v3 leak) is 51866. the OTA version is 51716. Again, not sure what PRL means or what bearing it has, but the difference should be noted.

On a side note, if there is no P2Z in maps, friendstream, etc. as has been posted, then they are basically the same and we are not missing anything by not having the OTA version. Personally, it just makes you feel better to have an "official" version if for nothing else other than to have the phone serviced. I guess if Verizon techs can't tell the difference then who cares...right?

13. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Android Enthusiast

PRL definition (Phone Scoop)

14. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Newbie

Anyone notice the contacts picture (like in a text message) has like a pixel issue and is kind of grainy? Also when i get a phone call, the picture is very blurred. Never had this before. Any suggestions?

15. drummerben

drummerben Lurker

Thanks...so basically the PRL will change depending on where you are geographically. Do I understand this correctly?

16. icomeanon

icomeanon Well-Known Member

what do you mean by 'ridiculous'? and i think the eris is still some $200+ on ebay. not really down with that, unless i can sell my curve 8330

17. oldbono

oldbono Newbie

Got OTA today in NY. Went from 1.5 to 2.1. Weather widget not working yet, although on Home page, because it's cloudy here, I see clouds going across the page. Maybe that's like windshield wiper on rainy days which I did have in 1.5. No signal strength problems. 7 screens now. But most reset to HTC initial pages.

18. Adam63impala

Adam63impala Well-Known Member

being completely honest here. i am in memphis, tn. i did that checkin thing like twice a day and then last night i did it and it said system update available as soon as i did it. so yeah, it does make a difference.:cool: i went to sleep and now am reading on here how to backup contacts and stuff. pictures will be saved correct?

19. wesleypipesyo

wesleypipesyo Newbie

I used to buy the insurance when I got new phones. Until I needed to use it. I was told that it covered water damage and when I made a claim to replace a phone that was caught in the rain in my pocket they denied me. Even though I still had a $50 deductible. Stupid!!!!

And I post some just to read words that are in my head. I dont really mean a lot of this mess. I have had a number of smart phones and touch screen phones and this one is the best I have seen. I was not happy with the droid. It was stupid clunky, I am not a big fan of the Incredible. I like how simple and functional this phone is. That being said, I wish I would have rooted in place of just taking a leak.

20. Darrick

Darrick Lurker

Hey all, I apologize that this is my first post on these forums.

I've run into an issue with the new update, involving photo albums. Before this update you could have the multiple photo albums by placing the folders in '.albumthumbs'.

However, after the update I can no longer access any of my photo albums in this folder. I've tried placing the albums in other locations on the phone but it's done nothing but add them to the general photo album.

I've also tried renaming 'albumthumbs' to the one mentioned above but it won't let me do that either.

I don't suppose any of you have run into this problem and found a solution for it? I took a quick gander around the recent threads and posts and didn't see anything regarding this.

21. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Hey, that's a good point. Where the heck has Smacky been?

22. Katee

Katee Lurker

Hey Guys,

I know this has been asked, but I couldn't find it. My weather/clock widget is still the same. How do I get the moving one? The one that drops rain down the page and such.

23. LittleRonin

LittleRonin Lurker

Recevied the update this morning So far so Good.

24. fflow

fflow Lurker

I got it Sunday morning. Installation took awhile, but everything went fine.

Biggest fix for me: the phone keypad is actually responsive and doesn't lag anymore.

25. draconus

draconus Member

Well my wife finally got the notification over the weekend, ran the update sunday night.

Contacts & calendar resynced, text message history still there, apps were still installed (ran some app updates), notes were still there, bluetooth settings stayed, and of course all her stuff on the MicroSD were untouched, just the gui was reset.

Wife was happy that she didn't have to redo everything (I prepared her just in case). Says so far it is much snappier than before and she likes the desk clock app (lol). Still waiting to see if her issues cleared up, figured 1 week of use should do it. So far though i can't tell a single difference between hers and my 2.1v3 leak (besides the baseband, didn't do 2.42 on mine due to perceived issues with bluetooth, and i have mine rooted)

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews