• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.1 UK - pattern unlock no longer working!

RichardB

Lurker
May 6, 2010
Hello....i'm a first timer poster, so please bear with me..........prior to upgrading to 2.1 (UK) today, I used the pattern unlock feature (a great feature) to unlock my phone. After the 2.1 u/g was complete the phone reverted back to the unlock slider + entering a password. So, I head to settings->location & security settings-> phone lock settings. Now the only option I can access is 'Change unlock password', which is fine, but unfortunately the 'use visible pattern' & 'use tactile feedback' options are greyed out....however they each have a green tick against each item which I've taken to assume means they're enabled! If it's enabled where do I enter the pattern?

While I'm here....if I look in applications, filtering on all, for some reason I have three 'Settings Storage' apps for various sizes....this doesn't sound right?

Can anyone please help?

Xavier, this setting is disabled for me as well after 2.1.update - so pattern is anavailible here too.
Something even more ridiculous happened - after realising that I have to tap in this password every minute for a while, and seeing that it said "at least 1 symbol" I set a 1 symbol password, and it was accepted all right. But now it has OK button disabled until i put in 4 symbols. So I'm completely stuck. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones