• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 update details rumour

See when I got this phone I had to redo the contact images and when I did they look awesome...when i call someone or someone calls me it looks terrific...did u try redoing your contact images? Its the widgets that bug me a lot because i can see all the little lines in them or gradients I guess would be proper.

Can you elaborate how you did this? I would like my contact pictures to look nice. :)

Upvote 0
Can you elaborate how you did this? I would like my contact pictures to look nice. :)

Go into your phonebook....go to the contact you want to edit...then click on the edit button, click on where the photo of the person would be...choose camera roll...and find a picture of the person in your photos. I only did about 9 or 10 people on my phone...the ones I call or call me the most...but when I do call them or they call me, the pic that shows up looks great.
When I first got the phone, and my gf called me, the picture was just a big pile of fuzz...looked like crap! So, I edited her contact photo and voila its fricken nice and clean now.

Upvote 0
Go into your phonebook....go to the contact you want to edit...then click on the edit button, click on where the photo of the person would be...choose camera roll...and find a picture of the person in your photos. I only did about 9 or 10 people on my phone...the ones I call or call me the most...but when I do call them or they call me, the pic that shows up looks great.
When I first got the phone, and my gf called me, the picture was just a big pile of fuzz...looked like crap! So, I edited her contact photo and voila its fricken nice and clean now.

How does do big images like that look when you're in Google Contacts, Reader, etc.? Are they smushed small?

Upvote 0

That is pretty strange. I did your method above and picked the same picture I had before. This time though it looks much better when I get a call.

Upvote 0
How does do big images like that look when you're in Google Contacts, Reader, etc.? Are they smushed small?

You're absolutely correct my friend. For some apparent (whatever it may be) reason, no matter what size your picture is for your contact picture, once you sync it with Gmail, the Gmail account picture will be significantly reduced in pixel detail. So if you use a 480x480 picture for example, that is probably going to be like 48x48 in your gmail...I guess it's cuz it'll be too time consuming to sync your contacts with the phone OTA if the pictures are too big, but that's just the way it is...

Upvote 0
You're absolutely correct my friend. For some apparent (whatever it may be) reason, no matter what size your picture is for your contact picture, once you sync it with Gmail, the Gmail account picture will be significantly reduced in pixel detail. So if you use a 480x480 picture for example, that is probably going to be like 48x48 in your gmail...I guess it's cuz it'll be too time consuming to sync your contacts with the phone OTA if the pictures are too big, but that's just the way it is...

Okay, cool. I'll upgrade a few contacts and see what happens. I live in Google Reader sharing items back and forth with friends all day. I was worried that their images would then be distorted.

Upvote 0

Personally i edited images on the computer for all contacts - saving a template of 500*300 in Photoshop - Saving them on the memory card when connected to the PC in the PICTURE folder with a sub-folder called CONTACTS

Now all personal and company emails have hi-res image attached to them and looks ace - spent about 3 hours doing this as i have over 200 contact images now

As a 2nd note though - on 16M colours - who cares - i don't stare at my homescreen widgets long enough to feel the need to drool and lick - they look great the way they are - annoys the hell outta me when people complain about the smallest thing

Without stirring up a hornets nest i hope none of these complainers ever have any children with disabilities etc etc as i would hate to see the kids passed to one side for being slightly less than perfect

Quite simply - grow some

Reactions: Holger_Danske
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones