• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update For Behold 2...

I just got off the phone with Samsung, said they are working 24/7 on getting FroYo (THATS v3.0!!!!!!) working on the Behold 2 because they heard a lot of chatter of people complaining on internet boards.

Forgot to add that they promised the only added software this time is Duke Nukum Forever!!

Easyyyyyyyyy Chad let's get 2.x first before we venture over to Froyo.

Oh by the way Samsung also promised us 2.x when it was released by google and we have yet to see that. I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Upvote 0
Easyyyyyyyyy Chad let's get 2.x first before we venture over to Froyo.

Oh by the way Samsung also promised us 2.x when it was released by google and we have yet to see that. I wouldn't believe a word they say.

Name one phone any manufacturer, any carrier that has updated to 2.1.

You can't because 2 months is not enough time to develop software.

I suggest you read this so you understand that software doesn't develop itself:

Systems Development Life Cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you don't like the phone, go sell it on ebay, I just saw one bid up to $275, then go buy a N1 for $189. You make $$$ on that deal!!

Upvote 0

If you don't like the phone, go sell it on ebay, I just saw one bid up to $275, then go buy a N1 for $189. You make $$$ on that deal!!

you cant buy an N1 for $189 unless you get a 2 year contract, which most of us already have!

Upvote 0

Not saying it's an easy task but to keep everyone in suspense and not release any info on whether we'll receive an update period is just asinine.

Oh and Droid has been updated to 2.1

Upvote 0
you cant buy an N1 for $189 unless you get a 2 year contract, which most of us already have!

Too bad, for the future you should consider an Even More Plus plan, even though you have to pay more for for the phone, the reduced monthly plan saves you a few hundred dollars over getting a "subsidized" phone during the life of your 2 year contract. And I don't have a contract, so I can get a new phone whenever I want.

Upvote 0
Too bad, for the future you should consider an Even More Plus plan, even though you have to pay more for for the phone, the reduced monthly plan saves you a few hundred dollars over getting a "subsidized" phone during the life of your 2 year contract. And I don't have a contract, so I can get a new phone whenever I want.

Well you can always get a new phone whenever you want but you will just pay an unsubsidized price like you would if you just chose the Even More Plus Plan but at least in the beginning you would have a phone at a subsidized price. Hell you might even get the subsidy if you talk to someone and extend your contract another two years. I got my G1 a few months after I quickly bought a cheap phone online through the store. I thought I ate my subsidy with the free phone but after I ordered it through T-Mobiles website they gave me the subsidized price. So anything can happen.

Upvote 0
For what its worth, we have a 800 handset (all windows smart phones) tmobile contract at work here, and when I asked our pre-sales engineer when to expect android 2.x phones, and or upgrades. He said to expect android 2.x phones Q2, and upgrades not till late Q2 early Q3 if they have any. Don't forget that in the cellular marketplace, specially in the US, they tend to only offer bug fixes to existing phones and focus more on upselling and recontracting users to buy NEW phones for upgraded feature sets.... the market is transforming thanks to the success of the iphone and its appstore... so carriers are still figuring out their plans on how to properly market and extract profits from this new system...

cingularAt&t blows ass.

Verizion's service sucks balls.

Tmobile is awesome.

Sprint/boostmobile is cool because of the chirp feature.

I would say in my region (SW Florida) quality of coverage goes as follows:

Sprint (Great)
AT&T/Verizon (Good)
Tmobile (Miserable)

Place your own values on customer service and plan features...

I was having a lot of fun playing with the B2 but i find it overall fairly unusable as a high use phone and the coverage is pathetic in my area from Tmobile. Going to throw it up on ebay soon and prob go to Sprint as they have the best priced plan that fits my needs. Just hate having to sign a contract... (Tmobile offers no contract plans) waiting for a good android 2.1 phone to hit their roster before I jump ship...

Upvote 0
Wow; how optimistic we were back then. 3.1 even! I guess the part about OTA upgrades bricking phones came to pass...

And Samsung's "wisdom" in abandoning earlier customers seems to be paying off big time. They sold 28 million smartphones in the last quarter. My strategy in boycotting Samsung has accomplished precisely nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones