1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.1 Update Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mark8088, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mark8088

mark8088 Lurker

I updated my captivate this weekend from 2.1 Update1 to the leaked 2.2 (I897UCJI6). I had TWO qwerty keyboards to choose from before, now I only have the Samsung.

I was using the other keyboard and seemed to prefer it over the samsung version. Can i get it back (download from appbrain or elsewhere)?

Does anyone know what it was called? (I'm thinking Android Keyboard but searching for that brings up hundreds of choices)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sremick

sremick Android Expert

The leaked firmware you just installed is really old and full of known bugs and issues. I don't know anyone who still uses it anymore. It has been far surpassed by any of the dozen or so current hacked custom ROMs out there, all of which are based on much newer code.

If you're going to go down the hacked ROM route, you're better off using one of those. Most come with multiple keyboards. You're bound to find one you like. Just be aware that while a hacked ROM may address annoyances you've had with stock 2.1, they come with their own issues so it's a bit of a trade. You need to decide what you can live with.

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews