• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 update, moxier mail passcode issue

Hey folks, just wondering if anyone else had experienced this.

I updated my phone to 2.1 using the xda flash tool, generic rom for the x10a, dual touch etc.

Everything worked great, but when I started using moxier mail again for my corporate email, it now requires me to use a passcode to access the mail. If I don't open moxier every 20 minutes I have to re-enter the passcode.

I can get into moxier sync and change the passcode, but I can not uncheck the feature to use or not use it. it is greyed out. Any advice as this is a little annoying.
Thanks!

I am having the same issue (on a Motorola Atrix) and wrote to Moxier and got this response:

Thank you for contacting us.
In Moxier Mail 2.9.1, we had a Passcode related IT Policy issue and have released a patch version thereafter.
Please check the Android MArket to see if latest update is available.
If you are using the latest update, and still having problem, you will need to re-setup your account to allow Moxier Mail to download the IT Policies from your server again.
Once re-setup, please run a manual sync to see if changes have been applied.

But even after updating and re-setting my account I am still having this issue. Has anyone figured this out? VERY annoying to have to enter passcode every time I open my email. :thinking:

Upvote 0
For me it appears to be related to the ssl. I talked to my it people and they didn't change anything on their end. Moxier will not let me contact the server without the ssl. It gives me a 403 error. Unfortuantely my company won't pay for an upgrade regardless, and I am not paying $25 for it. If you hear anything else, I wouldn't mind seeing your progress.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones