• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 update set for 3/26 (unofficially)

Until Sprint announces it OFFICIALLY, I could care less about these pointless rumor threads.

LMFAO, like any OFFICAL Sprint announcement is really worth all that much. I could care less about these rumors and your OFFICIAL announcements and wait for it to be on my phone...

It had to be the day before I go out of the country. :( I won't be able to enjoy the goodness of what will be 2.1 and all the Rom's based around it. :(

Hopefully this update has more steps forward that backward.

Upvote 0
My real name is William P. Sprint and I founded the company. My brother-in-law is Michael M. Google, who founded the company that bears his name. We don't like to use normal communication channels but we can both confirm that Android 2.1 for the Hero will be released on December 8th, 2012. It will have a proximity sensor, a tire-changing tool, a Pez dispenser, and lots of other enhancements normally found only in hardware. Unfortunately it is too large for an OTA distribution so it will be distributed only by ESP. I'm not at liberty to say more at this time but I'm writing little clues on restroom walls around the country. Be sure to check a restroom near you for the latest news about Android updates.

Cool! :D

Upvote 0
My real name is William P. Sprint and I founded the company. My brother-in-law is Michael M. Google, who founded the company that bears his name. We don't like to use normal communication channels but we can both confirm that Android 2.1 for the Hero will be released on December 8th, 2012. It will have a proximity sensor, a tire-changing tool, a Pez dispenser, and lots of other enhancements normally found only in hardware. Unfortunately it is too large for an OTA distribution so it will be distributed only by ESP. I'm not at liberty to say more at this time but I'm writing little clues on restroom walls around the country. Be sure to check a restroom near you for the latest news about Android updates.

Guess I should stop cleaning all the bathroom walls...:D

Upvote 0
great!! Another government program, that will make sure it costs $3 triilion and takes 10 years to implement..............

barack obama just got on tv and announced that his htc hero needs to get 2.1, he is calling for android reform!

ROFLMAO.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones