• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Update - Web Connection on Start-Up

deedub

May 18, 2010
Northern Virginia
I updated to the Official Sprint 2.1 update when it became available and prior to that I was running the leaked RUU. No issues with either and a general improvement in Hero performance with both, except for one quirk occurring only with the Official ROM.

About 33% of the time, when initially powering up the phone in the AM, I would not get an automatic web connection. The phone function would operate, I would get the signal strength bars and Ev symbol, but no web. When this happened, I would turn off the phone and then immediately turn it back on and it would always auto connect to the web the second time and everything would work fine. One of these times I also removed the battery before I turned it back on, but the problem would still occur occasionally.

I called Sprint Tech Support and asked about the issue. The Technician looked at my account and made an update to it on his end, then asked me to go into Settings/About Phone/System Updates and do an "Update Profile". He said it should alleviate the non-connection problem.

So far the phone has worked perfectly after doing this.

Posting this in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Reactions: sprucebeach
A faster and easier way to fix this is to hold down the power button until the menu comes up and then turn mobile network off, and back on again. I have this issue regularly and that clears it up (until the next time it does it). Running Aloysius 2.1 (Although it also happened with Fresh Toast)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones