• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Upgrade for Magic - Issues once complete

ryfriesen

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my phone since the upgrade and I'm turning to you folks (the people in the know) for help.

Background:
I updated my Rogers Magic to 2.1 on Monday night via WiFi. Finally (finally!) we are caught up to the rest of the world... except the browser is now exceptionally slow. Like, worse than Edge slow. Like, I could hand draw the web page faster slow. This did not happen before the upgrade.

My APN settings:

Name: Rogers
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720

I've no idea what has happened. It seems that some apps (Engadget for instance) work fine in terms of data. I can send and receive e-mail through the Mail client and GMail but I've tried other browsers and they're just as bad (even Opera). I've cleared the cache. Nothing seems to work.

Help me out Android gurus! Has anyone else had these problems?

Thanks in advance...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones