• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if you can condition the battery later, after you've used it a while. personally i don't really know for sure that conditioning a lithium ion battery actually does anything. but if it does, i wonder if i could try to condition it again. i didn't spend much time doing that when i first got mine. maybe if i try and burn through 3 complete charge and discharge cycles my battery would do better.

You are right...you cannot condition a lithium ion battery. It has the same life regardless. The reason you cycle is that you sync up the phone's battery meter with the battery's actual life.

Upvote 0
The Mod can confirm this by checking both their IP addresses.

yes, they can.

they don't need to, most people can see it in the writing styles...

perfect example.

Napster from here

Im sorry but I am not a Reality Creationists like many people on the internet. I only post factual and correct information which is verifed. This means for you there is no avoiding it.
Onion from here

The assault on misinformation and reality creationists is in full affect now in this forum. It is becoming a problem IMO. If you don’t know what a Reality Creationist is well then let me explain.

if that isn't a dead match idk what is. also onions last post was 1-5-10, napster signed up 1-7-10

Upvote 0
I wouldn't hold our breaths. 2.1 will not be coming for a long time. I want them to fix what we have rather screw around with another OS that isn't optimized that great with our phones. I want root too.

Why keep working on 1.5, when they can upgrade us and work on that one. I agree we probably won't see 2.1 for awhile, but other than phone breaking bugs they mines well hold off till 2.1 (MR2 is an example, they patched phone breaking bug only). I want to use the NAV and Goggles myself, so only an upgrade will "fix" this for me.

Upvote 0
The animated wallpaper is a gimmick, but it's a gimmick no other phone OS has...I think...

I can't wait for this thing either. Something tells me, though, that this thing will be a little ways from now, and while we haven't heard rumblings of whatever is after 2.1 (3.0, 2.2, I dunno) I'm pretty sure by the time we get 2.0/.1, we'll be hearing rumblings of the next thing.

Now while the stuff on 2.1 will be awesome and will be a whole lot better than 1.5, we're all human here and we're going to start wanting the next best thing. So I feel this thing is gonna be one mean, vicious cycle.

Regardless, I can't wait. It's gonna be awesome and I'm gonna squeal like a little girl when I make up one morning and see the update waiting for me on my phone.

My LG Dare had live wallpapers and it wasn't even a smartphone. But they were ***. I don't mean that to be derogatory... they were ***. That phone was ahead of it's time. I couldn't get a lot of apps but it had a lot of features I can't seem to get with the Droid.

You can't say *** on this forum? Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

Upvote 0
I love LG phones, and the two phones I've owned prior to this Eris were LGs and they lasted me a good two years each. I was never a believer in teens having smartphones as everyone around me idolized Blackberries in high school, and two years later, the iPhone has taken its spot. It wasn't until my VZW upgrade was due this August that I thought the Pearl Flip was sufficient for me. I was ready to make the leap but people told me the Flip was outdated and I would regret it. Glad I listened. But this winter I had to do it and it was between the Driod and the Eris. I was kinda sad to leave LG and didn't know what to expect from HTC since I heard the Touch Diamond or whatever, was great on Sprint, but horrible on VZW. But I'm glad I made the leap. I miss LG's simplicity, but it hasn't been until this past week or so that LG jumped on the smartphone (or maybe it was the Android) wagon.

In fear of being yelled at for going off-topic, a quick 2.1 reference.

What are you guys doing to take your mind off the release? I'm sure most of us have figured anxiety won't make it come any faster, so what takes your mind off of it and from waking up every morning, hoping to see the update waiting on your phone for 2.1?

I got this really sick feeling that when this OS upgrade comes out (either the rumored 22nd, or later on Q1) that we are gonna be in for a surprise, and I mean in a bad way. I have no reason or evidence that supports this, but I have a feeling we won't be happy. I don't want it to be this way, but again, my gut...it's telling me something.

Upvote 0
Its ok Smacky, I'm sure you're not alone. They should make a "2.x update anxiety" support group.

Me personally... I'll start looking for it regularly once 1/22 hits. Til then, I try not to think about it. If, however, it hasn't come by the end of February, I just might have a breakdown. I'm kidding, but seriously. They've spoiled us so far. Hope they keep it up!

Upvote 0
Its ok Smacky, I'm sure you're not alone. They should make a "2.x update anxiety" support group.

Me personally... I'll start looking for it regularly once 1/22 hits. Til then, I try not to think about it. If, however, it hasn't come by the end of February, I just might have a breakdown. I'm kidding, but seriously. They've spoiled us so far. Hope they keep it up!

What I've heard around the web is that it will be here by the end of Q1. That's technically 3/31 I believe, so I would try to hold off on your breakdown until at least April...at least that's what I'm going to try an do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones