• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See my sig:cool:

"Reality Check...ITS JUST A PHONE, and at this point its not the best one I have used in my time. But again its Just a phone, Its not gonna save the world or kick me in the nutz."

I'm sure if there were a line for Eris phones that could kick people in the nutz, you'd be my pick for 1st in line !

If you HATE the phone so much, take it back, give it to a battered womens shelter or throw it in the trash and get rid of the misery this device has apparentely brough to your life !:thinking:

Upvote 0
"Reality Check...ITS JUST A PHONE, and at this point its not the best one I have used in my time. But again its Just a phone, Its not gonna save the world or kick me in the nutz."

I'm sure if there were a line for Eris phones that could kick people in the nutz, you'd be my pick for 1st in line !

If you HATE the phone so much, take it back, give it to a battered womens shelter or throw it in the trash and get rid of the misery this device has apparentely brough to your life !:thinking:

LMAO!!@ "give it to a battered women's shelter."

Upvote 0
1. ##pst (##778)
2. "000000"
3. Modem
4. Slot cycle
5. When you're done exploring all the different options, be sure to hit "menu" and to save the changes. Don't back out as it won't save them.
6. You will be forced to restart and the changes should be made.

I bumped it from 2 to 1. Waiting to see the effect on battery life. If it isnt bad, I'll bump it to 0. Maybe its placebo, but I feel 3G is faster for me. Probably not, but i like to pretend it is.

Wow just did this went from 2 to 0 and it is true the phone is faster while in 3G the weather icon instant the pages i pull up are instant. Thanks for the tip.

Have a 3500 mAh battery in so really dont give a S#$t how much it uses.

Now what to do with this Droid i just bought ????

Upvote 0
Wow just did this went from 2 to 0 and it is true the phone is faster while in 3G the weather icon instant the pages i pull up are instant. Thanks for the tip.

Have a 3500 mAh battery in so really dont give a S#$t how much it uses.

Now what to do with this Droid i just bought ????

How long does the 3500 mAh last under heavy use? $70 seems a bit too much, but does anyone wanna buy my OEM battery to help recuperate some money? :D

Upvote 0

How about this, You stand in front of me and I will throw it down your throat:cool:
STFU

Upvote 0
23m7tjd.jpg

Upvote 0
boy that nexus 1 is slick and fast

I just got rid of mine. Settings didn't stick. The worst thing was it's "wiggy" feeling when trying to enter passwords on websites and the habit it had of randomly switching from landscape to portrait mode when using the keyboard.

Many nice things about it, but most are present in this great Eris. Comparitively, for me, the Eris is more user-friendly.

The other complaint I had caused me to want to go into the garage, grasp my seldom-used 16 pound sledge hammer, and .. well, you get the picture: I got it for only 179 smackers by signing up with the worst carrier on Earth, T-Mobile. If I wanted internet I HAD to use wi-fi. If I wanted to make a call I HAD to stop at a gas station and use the pay phone, etc.

No fault of the Nexus One (T-Mobile), but it did seem to fit in with other negativities about it.

I have had this Eris for only two days now, but it and Verizon have my undying loyalties at this point in time. :)

- Frisco

Upvote 0
thanks for the slot tip, changed mine to 1 and haven't seen a difference in battery life...recommend updating/double-checking your tags on that post for search purposes...OP of the fix and others.

later

Amen, brother. Don't know if that's been added to the "Eris Tips and Tricks" sticky yet, but it should be if it hasn't yet. that fix seriously alleviated the phone lag (though didn't solve it, made it MUCH more tolerable)... and after a couple of days, I haven't noticed any difference in battery life either.

thanks to all who posted info on it... thanks for reminding me why I keep coming back here :)

Upvote 0
Amen, brother. Don't know if that's been added to the "Eris Tips and Tricks" sticky yet, but it should be if it hasn't yet. that fix seriously alleviated the phone lag (though didn't solve it, made it MUCH more tolerable)... and after a couple of days, I haven't noticed any difference in battery life either.

thanks to all who posted info on it... thanks for reminding me why I keep coming back here :)

the slot thing helps with lag? not sure i understand how the phone checking in with the towers more would help with overall phone lag.

Upvote 0
the slot thing helps with lag? not sure i understand how the phone checking in with the towers more would help with overall phone lag.

Sorry, should have been more specific:

I meant phone lag as in the lag of the actual phone functionality itself. My phone was having SERIOUS issues when I'd receive calls--it would just kind of bumble around and freeze for 4-5 seconds before it would finally start ringing. Changing the slot settings did not totally fix that problem, but did make it much, much better.

Was not referring to overall lag.

Upvote 0
Sorry, should have been more specific:

I meant phone lag as in the lag of the actual phone functionality itself. My phone was having SERIOUS issues when I'd receive calls--it would just kind of bumble around and freeze for 4-5 seconds before it would finally start ringing. Changing the slot settings did not totally fix that problem, but did make it much, much better.

Was not referring to overall lag.

ah, makes sense. thanks.

Upvote 0
My phone restarted by itself this morning and had no serice at all. Just an "X" over the bars. Didn't know what was up. Restarted the phone, and everything was back to normal. Not sure what it meant, but dicking around with the slot cycle immediately popped into my head. It's good now, but anyone else have it happen to them?

This is crazy, but it just happened to me 5 minutes ago. Just restarted my phone and all is good again. Eery.

edit: although my phone didn't restart by itself. Just had the X over the bars with no service. Toggles wouldn't work and I could turn anything on/off through the settings menus. I had to restart it.

Upvote 0
1. ##pst (##778)
2. "000000"
3. Modem
4. Slot cycle
5. When you're done exploring all the different options, be sure to hit "menu" and to save the changes. Don't back out as it won't save them.
6. You will be forced to restart and the changes should be made.

Thank you for that; as a new user I'm on the look-out for great tweaks and tips like this.

Just curious, and sorry if I missed it, are there other tweaks in that area that are known to be good ones? There are a lot of choices in there, I noticed. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones