• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.1v3 to the ota

from what I understand, the ota will not come to those with v3, nor does the manual download of the ota work. So as of right now those with the leaks are left out by both root and the ota. Bummer for you guys.
No problem. I could do it now if I had the time, if it's really an hboot problem. It's easy to change versions of hboot.

Upvote 0
No problem. I could do it now if I had the time, if it's really an hboot problem. It's easy to change versions of hboot.

I have no idea about things like this. From what I have read, it is the HBoot. Something about the stock and OTA being 1 digit off of the v3 leak.

Keep us posted when you have time to check it out, thanks again.

Upvote 0
If it was "do-able", I think maybe it would have been done by now.....just a thought.

Those are my thoughts as well, but if someone new comes along and wants to take a crack at it, I'll cheer them on. If I remember right, jcase said that he tried everything that he could think of. I know that he specifically talked about going backward to 1.5, but I'm sure one big attempt was to change the bootloader version.

Upvote 0
Those are my thoughts as well, but if someone new comes along and wants to take a crack at it, I'll cheer them on. If I remember right, jcase said that he tried everything that he could think of. I know that he specifically talked about going backward to 1.5, but I'm sure one big attempt was to change the bootloader version.

+1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones