1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root 2.2.1 New LGNPST Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by b.turpin85, Apr 21, 2011.

1. b.turpin85

b.turpin85 Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Ok so I am having an issue that I haven't seen anyone else have through the forum posts, hoping someone can help. Everything goes smoothly up until the point of upgrading through lgnpst, when I click start and enter in my 6 digit code that I get from cdma workshop, is starts the process after about 30-45 seconds I get this message:

The phone was unplugged or has lost the connection with PC.
    Please follow the steps below to prevent any loss of information on the phone.
    1. Unplug the phone if still connected.
    2. Power cycle the phone and wait until the phone wakes up.
    3. Plug the phone back into PC.
    4. Press OK to continue the upgrade.................................

I have rebooted and and restarted the programs many times issue still occurs after about 30-45 sec it keeps saying this no matter what I do. I thought it may be an issue with the display energy saving timeout so I set that to 30 minutes, usb debugging is on correctly, I also enabled the stay awake when plugged in feature to make sure phone wasn't going to sleep. I then thought that maybe the usb port on my pc was bad so I have tried 5 different usb ports, same issue, I also thought that since my phone was 99% charged that maybe once it was hitting 100% charge it was disabling the usb for a quick second so I drained the battery to about 80% same issue. I have followed the root instructions to a T, any ideas???? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Did you try hitting OK and seeing if the process continues

3. puyow18

puyow18 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    Male
    Florida
    Or you may have a sensitive USB cable/port. Sometimes if I move the phone when it's plugged in I'll here the connecting/disconnecting sounds. It's best to keep everything as still as possible during these steps.

4. b.turpin85

b.turpin85 Lurker
    None

Apr 21, 2011
    Yeap I have tried clicking ok many times and 30-45 secs it does the same message until I close the program. I have tried a couple different usb cables and different usb ports on my pc, same issue, and the phone is on a hard flat surface (top of my desktop, not moving at all). I checked usb drivers they look fine. Any ideas? Also to note while it's plugged in it charges consistently without any issues so I dont think its a bad or sensitive usb port on the phone itself but who knows?

5. blaxican25

blaxican25 Android Expert
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Another planet Far Away
Tags: