• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 and CPU Temperature Sensor

nstallion

Android Expert
Nov 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
In any of the new 2.2 ROMs is there any way to get TempMonitor and/or SetCPU to read from the CPU temperature sensor yet?

Flash tends to make the phone pretty warm and I'd really like to know how hot the CPU is getting. A failsafe profile in SetCPU is essentially useless if it can't read the CPU temp sensor.

I'm pretty sure my SetCPU is reading my temperature correctly and displaying it in the widget... I've got the first version of 2.2 with the 800mhz overclock and Wifi kernel. It's usually around a steady 89 degrees and after watching an episode of The Office, it's now at a balmy 122 degrees. Speaking of which... (and not to hijack the thread) At what point is the phone in danger of getting fried? The back of my phone could fry an egg right now.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure my SetCPU is reading my temperature correctly and displaying it in the widget... I've got the first version of 2.2 with the 800mhz overclock and Wifi kernel. It's usually around a steady 89 degrees and after watching an episode of The Office, it's now at a balmy 122 degrees. Speaking of which... (and not to hijack the thread) At what point is the phone in danger of getting fried? The back of my phone could fry an egg right now.

that is the battery temp you are seeing. no one has been able to get a kernel to read the cpu temp as of yet. the only way i know to see the cpu temp in 2.2 is to use system panel from the market.

Reactions: djg08642
Upvote 0
I personal have found that they work better on my droid than p3s kernel, and I'm using system panel to read my cpu temp...didn't show in setcpu. I also was unstable at 1.25 but run just fine on the ulv 1.2

System panel is reporting the same temp for CPU and battery on my Droid (P3Droid 1GHz LV kernel) - are we sure it reports CPU temp accurately on all Froyo kernels?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones