• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 and MixZing EQ and AAC decoding....

sorka

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2010
Two issues that have come up in the recent past would need to be fixed before I'd accept the OTA 2.2 when it finally pushes.

1) MixZing users reported that the EQ only worked on 2.2 when the app was in the foreground.

2) Support for some codecs was dropped causing Pandora, Slacker, and other streamers to sound like crap. Supposedly google decided to fix this. The temporary fix prior to this decision was to disable Stagefright but that causes other issues of its own.

Can users who've installed the leak please confirm that these are fixed or not fixed?

Thanks.

Two issues that have come up in the recent past would need to be fixed before I'd accept the OTA 2.2 when it finally pushes.

1) MixZing users reported that the EQ only worked on 2.2 when the app was in the foreground.

2) Support for some codecs was dropped causing Pandora, Slacker, and other streamers to sound like crap. Supposedly google decided to fix this. The temporary fix prior to this decision was to disable Stagefright but that causes other issues of its own.

Can users who've installed the leak please confirm that these are fixed or not fixed?

Thanks.
That doesn't surprise me about #1. That's how it is on my Eris with Sense running.

Upvote 0
...and my question will never be answered in this sub forum. Gee, thanks for moving it out of the forum where most of the 2.2 talk is occuring.

thats what subforums are for. It helps direct people with answers to the people with questions.Its in the posting guidelines. If you need support or troubleshooting you post in the sup/troubleshooting subforum. If you have a root question you post in the root subforum, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones