1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root 2.2 Apps question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by longdong22, Aug 20, 2010.

1. longdong22

longdong22 Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Will updating the leaked 2.2 system erase all my apps?

Advertisement

2. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Flo Rida
  3. Travisimo

Travisimo Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    USA
    To elaborate a bit more, the update will not erase anything on your Droid X. Even launchers like Launcher Pro will be intact. You should not have to reinstall anything, though there may be a few updates for your apps on Froyo. Just make sure you decide FIRST whether you want to be rooted or not. If yes, then make sure you read the instructions carefully on how to root your phone before applying the update. If you don't want root, then just update and you'll be fine!

4. Zilliano

Zilliano Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    If I were to try the Clockwork Method, would my apps also be preserved?

5. Crane

Crane Member

May 28, 2010
    I don't know how it's supposed to work, but I used the clockwork method and everything went away just like I had flashed an sbf. I even had to reactivate the phone.

However, I decided to revert back to 2.1 and let the dust settle for a few days before trying again. I had made a nandroid backup prior to loading up 2.2 so the process was relatively painless to get the phone back just like it was.

6. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Normally upgrading to 2.2 won't erase your programs and data. But I would plan for the worse case scenerio because some of us have had to wipe the cache, etc to get the upgrade to work properly. The easiest way to back your programs up is to use appbrain. I would definitely recommend you synch everything just prior to trying to upgrade. Hopefully you don't need it and it all works as expected. But if something gets borked and you have to start clean, you'll have a list of all your apps ready.