• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
As far as I can tell Google and HTC never set a time, people assumed. The only date that has been accurate was the one for around the launch of the Iphone 4 that didn't turn out to be Froyo released as a ROM just Google giving out the source.

Everything else seems wild rumours making it difficult to work out the real date. I would say that it will be third quarter at least until we hear anything about a firm release date. if at all.

If you need your wifi working there are plenty of other guides from what I read on how to reverse the OTA on an unbranded phone.

Reactions: riverboat2001
Upvote 0
As far as I can tell Google and HTC never set a time, people assumed. The only date that has been accurate was the one for around the launch of the Iphone 4 that didn't turn out to be Froyo released as a ROM just Google giving out the source.

Everything else seems wild rumours making it difficult to work out the real date. I would say that it will be third quarter at least until we hear anything about a firm release date. if at all.

If you need your wifi working there are plenty of other guides from what I read on how to reverse the OTA on an unbranded phone.

I thought i had to go the whole hog and root it to get my wifi working.
A google search doesn't return too much help.
HTC have said to take it to service centre, but i don't want to be withouth my phone.

Upvote 0
to me this article doesn't carry any creadibility, no source, no date of publishing this article, not mentioned how the information was gathered or just assumed.
and since when iOS4 brought many new features. my girlfriend updated her 3GS to iOS4 and appart from weird multitasking she didn't get much.
so could this person from that site list me any of the features that came in new iOS4 that are supperior than current Eclair 2.1 i'm not even talking about Froyo :)

Upvote 0
Don't forget that HTC need to spend time further developing and testing 2.2 with their Sense UI, so this will certainly add time to any release plans they might have.

I think it was an oversight by Google to force apps to internal memory, especially given the fact that most non-iPhones don't have the on-board capacity of the iPhone. Plus it seems that HTC's Sense also uses up a lot of this memory, because my Desire with 2.1 had noticeably less space when I got it compared to my partner's Sony Xperia X10 with 1.6, which I noticed doesn't have a lot of Sony customisation on it compared to what HTC do to their phones.

That said I'm happy with how my Desire is functioning and the number of apps I've got on it for now and as much as I'm looking forward to Froyo, I'm not looking forward to setting the phone up all over again.

Upvote 0
What's the big deal with 2.2?

I know everyone wants the latest things, like yesterday, but what's the attraction.

More speed? Well the phone is already really fast.
WiFi Tether? I don't need this
Flash? What does this really mean? I can see all the websites i need
Apps2SD? I have about 30 apps on my phone and it's nowhere near full.

Am i missing the big Wow factor?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones