• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Had to do one battery pull the same day that I downloaded. That's it. It never lags, rocket fast, battery life is beyond my wildest dreams. I'm a pharma specialty rep out all day, numerous emails, texts, voice mails, using nav and the web on and off all day long. I'm now at 50% around midnight each night since the download. Love the 2.2!

Reactions: Nolesfan
Had to do one battery pull the same day that I downloaded. That's it. It never lags, rocket fast, battery life is beyond my wildest dreams. I'm a pharma specialty rep out all day, numerous emails, texts, voice mails, using nav and the web on and off all day long. I'm now at 50% around midnight each night since the download. Love the 2.2!

Me too!

Upvote 0
Funny how polarizing 2.2 has been. People either love it, or want to throw it in the same bottomless pit that God is supposed to throw the Devil down into on judgement day.

All we seemed to hear about for the three or four weeks leading up to its release was, "WHERE THE HELL IS IT"??? Ever since it hit all we seem to hear is, "SEND IT BACK"!!!

I'm loving my froyo. But all I can do is hope that 3.0 brings us all together as a community so we can all agree for once. But something tells me that just ain't gonna happen. I get the impression that Google will never be able to make everyone happy no matter what they do. It's aight Google..... I'm happy. :)

Upvote 0
For me, the best thing about 2.2 is no more force closes on voice recognition. 2.1 was always force closing especially when I'd give demos to iPhone owners who'd laugh and simply say "I think I'll stick to my iphone" ......:(

So far I haven't had a single voice force close yet.

Take that Vader!!!

Upvote 0
The main problem I see with 2.2 is the facebook app is total crap. True, it was crap with 2.1, but in 2.2 it doesn't let my phone sleep. Unless I force quit the app, the phone is always running and battery life suffers. It's also completely locked up the phone several times, an issue I never had in 2.1.

Also, FWIW my wifi connection at home *still* does not connect automatically most of the time. It's pretty hit or miss. When I first updated to 2.2, it connected everytime I walked in the door for about a week. Then it went to crap.

Upvote 0
Incredible lag, when the phone goes horizontal it won't go vertical without hitting the sleep button. Widget locker force closes, camera shuts down. Those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Well it's quite obvious that those are all the improvements Google made to their OS when they put in all those long man hours working on updating it to froyo, so that's a sign that everything went incredibly smooth for you when you updated your phone.

Now had your phone reacted differently, say it sped everything up, improved your battery life, brought you more features like flash and Wifi hotspot and generally pollished the entire system up... well then I would tell you to do a factory reset and try it again like I did until I got it right. And if that still didn't work out for you then I would have said to take it into Verizon and tell them the update screwed up your phone and either fix it for you or give you a new one.

But you won't have to do any of that since you're one of the lucky one's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones