• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 Is FAST!

Yeah it was running sluggish/taking a long time to load applications or force closing alot of applications until I ran the factory reset.

Took that as an opportunity to switch from LauncherPro to ADW and I'll admit I'm hooked. Running faster than ever and enjoying being able to switch between gmail accounts much easier as well as changing the security code to a pin number like in older feature phones rather than a pattern

My recommendation:
definitely run the factory reset

Upvote 0
Hm. I didn't have to do a reset. Mine seems to be running a bit better. Moreso since I moved some installed apps over to my SD card.

I've not tried it yet, but has anyone noticed if the hands-free dialing via Bluetooth actually works? I'd prefer to use that over vlingo if I can. Vlingo is great and all, but I really don't want to have to take my eyes off of the road to open it. And legally I can't touch the phone when driving in certain areas.

Should we hold our collective breath for 2.3? ;)

Upvote 0
[General] Mayhem;2171007 said:
I've not tried it yet, but has anyone noticed if the hands-free dialing via Bluetooth actually works? I'd prefer to use that over vlingo if I can. Vlingo is great and all, but I really don't want to have to take my eyes off of the road to open it. And legally I can't touch the phone when driving in certain areas.

Should we hold our collective breath for 2.3? ;)

Yes, I'm happy to report that hands-free dialing now works with my Bluetooth earpiece! I'm very glad -- I've really missed that. On my device, I press the button on the earpiece until I hear two beeps, then I can just say the command, i.e., "call home." However, since Google Maps prompted me to install TexttoSpeech from the market, it now gives me a spoken prompt after the two beeps -- "speak now." Works great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones