• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is this update for sure for the Droid? I currently have a droid that I am using and an incredible in the box. I have tried both (wife also has the incredible) and I like the droid better for my use. I am hoping this comes through for the droid (the sooner the better as I have to return one or the other).

Upvote 0
Is this update for sure for the Droid? I currently have a droid that I am using and an incredible in the box. I have tried both (wife also has the incredible) and I like the droid better for my use. I am hoping this comes through for the droid (the sooner the better as I have to return one or the other).

The update, when it comes out, will be for the Motorola Droid, and it will be a noticeable improvement over 2.1. The Incredible is also slated to get updated to 2.2, and the update may make it superior to the Moto Droid, but it may be several months after the Moto droid update, so I'd say pick the device that seems to work for you best. The Moto Droid has been out for almost 8 months and is still one of the best devices around. You can't go wrong with either phone you choose.

Upvote 0
Like Krisis said, you would be better off with the Moto Droid. The OMAP3 processor has been proven to be far superior to the one found in the Incredible. Yes, it is stock at 1ghz, but apparently it's not that great; compared to the Moto Droid's. Also like Krisis said, the INC will take much longer to get 2.2 than the Droid. The Eris got 2.1 MONTHS after Droid got it. HTC has to make 2.2 work with Sense UI before they can send out an OTA. I'd stick with droid lol...then again I am biased!

Upvote 0
My favorite Froyo innovation is pretty simple:

I use my Droid as a night clock in its docking cradle and those bright white LEDs lighting up the buttons were blinding in the dark. Android 2.2 changes that: when you DIM the desk clock the lights go out. Very nice to have at bedside now!

Amen to that. That too is the thing I'm looking forward to the most. :D

Reactions: bleedGreen
Upvote 0
if the droid isnt being made anymore are they still gonna do an update to 2.2... im already running it thanks to bugless ut i was just wondering cause bought my droid 1 1/2 months ago after breaking contract with sprint to get the droid...

Bugless beast was made of leaks of 2.2 that were made for the Droid so the answer to your question is yes...Droid will get 2.2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones