• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 Overclock Kernel?

They all do
Not all of them. Cyanogen CM6 has fully working camera, but I can't pair the BT with either of my cars, which I need more than the camera (haven't tried since the 0725 nightly and RC1, maybe I'll try one of the newer ones again). Other than the BT issue, it's a terrific ROM. All AOSP, very lean, blazing fast and overclockable with Snapv2 kernal. If you consider Sense a must have, this might not be the ROM for you.

Index of /cm/nightly/supersonic/

Upvote 0
The CM6 ROM's have working cameras and wireless tethering, but no 4G and a sometimes nasty battery hunger. It is the slickest all-round, but it isn't complete.

I've played with almost all of them:
Evo-Froyo-2.2-Rooted-Stock-DeOdexed-signed
Evo-Froyo-2.2-Rooted-Stock-Odexed-netarchy-signed
fresh-evo-3.0-beta2
OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_v2.0r
s3vo_1_1-D_073110_173512
cm_supersonic-08012010-012304

I'm happiest with the Netarchy stock ROM. I need 4G more than I need a camera and the camera isn't always functional with CM6. The stock ROM does go all 60's acid trip tho when you use the camera on a OC kernel.

Regardless, these guys know what they are doing and will get it sorted out. Of this much I am sure.

Reactions: uminchu
Upvote 0
The CM6 ROM's have working cameras and wireless tethering, but no 4G and a sometimes nasty battery hunger. It is the slickest all-round, but it isn't complete.

I've played with almost all of them:
Evo-Froyo-2.2-Rooted-Stock-DeOdexed-signed
Evo-Froyo-2.2-Rooted-Stock-Odexed-netarchy-signed
fresh-evo-3.0-beta2
OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_v2.0r
s3vo_1_1-D_073110_173512
cm_supersonic-08012010-012304

I'm happiest with the Netarchy stock ROM. I need 4G more than I need a camera and the camera isn't always functional with CM6. The stock ROM does go all 60's acid trip tho when you use the camera on a OC kernel.

Regardless, these guys know what they are doing and will get it sorted out. Of this much I am sure.
Nice list, even better if you make them links. Just curious, have you checked out BT pairing in any of these?

Upvote 0
CM6 drained my battery faster than Fresh at first, but he updated it and my battery life is now noticeably better than it was on Fresh 1.0.1 - FWIW.

I've used the CM6-Snap Kernels (v1, v2, and v4). All of them seemed to decrease my stability a tad, but it's not bad. I'm back on stock now because I just updated the CM6 build, but I'll probably reflash Snap v4 today.

Reactions: uminchu
Upvote 0
Nice list, even better if you make them links. Just curious, have you checked out BT pairing in any of these?

Here you go, take your pick. Selection isn't a problem in the almost final, final ROM category. Stuff is happening non-stop.

EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers

As for BT, depends on the ROM, but I think they are all fixable. I haven't really messed with it yet.

Upvote 0
Here you go, take your pick. Selection isn't a problem in the almost final, final ROM category. Stuff is happening non-stop.

EVO 4G Android Development - xda-developers

As for BT, depends on the ROM, but I think they are all fixable. I haven't really messed with it yet.
Thanks, I guess I was just being lazy. I keep a link to the ROM wiki on my desktop, but I thought one or two on your list weren't included. I was wrong, they're there. Thanks though, much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
CM6 drained my battery faster than Fresh at first, but he updated it and my battery life is now noticeably better than it was on Fresh 1.0.1 - FWIW.

I've used the CM6-Snap Kernels (v1, v2, and v4). All of them seemed to decrease my stability a tad, but it's not bad. I'm back on stock now because I just updated the CM6 build, but I'll probably reflash Snap v4 today.
I just flashed snapv4 lets see how that goes,v3 worked pretty good for me.As far as the RaoM goes I'm still running RC1 I find it to be pretty stable for my every day use,I want to try the latest nightly and see how it goes.

Upvote 0
When you look at the optical capability of the camera, it's rediculous to capture the image with 8 megapixels. I set the camera to record at 3mpx, and the picture quality is just as good.

At 8mpx, you are just magnifying the defects. you're not getting a better image, and you are throwing away drive space.

So anyone who is rejecting the 2.2 netarchy kernel solely because of the 3mpx cap (whether the cap is real or not) is foolish, IMO. And no, this kernel doesn't break anything else. If something else is not working for you, the problem is on your end, and most likely it can be fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones