• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 ROM I found.

Ok. I'm a little tired, so let me make sure I'm getting you. You want a guide on how to pull stuff from your sd card to your phone? Let me know what I'm missing here. As for the reason this rom (and most others) ditch backup assistant, it's because with google sync, it's totally redundant.

Sorry for not responding before now, just had a very busy holiday break.

I really appreciate your staying in touch on here.

Anyway, to get back to my question, I was looking for some resources to understand the terminology and processes for doing the firmware updates and mods. I've read thru they forums, and there seems to be a bit here, a suggestion there, and a hint or two scattered about.

As for the contact transefer, I saw the Google synch capability. Just didn't want to learn one more thing to keep my contacts in line. I was able to get the contacts transferred using the micro-SD card.

And, FWIW, the firmware upgrade has been working great! No hiccups at all.

Upvote 0
Sorry for not responding before now, just had a very busy holiday break.

I really appreciate your staying in touch on here.

Anyway, to get back to my question, I was looking for some resources to understand the terminology and processes for doing the firmware updates and mods. I've read thru they forums, and there seems to be a bit here, a suggestion there, and a hint or two scattered about.

As for the contact transefer, I saw the Google synch capability. Just didn't want to learn one more thing to keep my contacts in line. I was able to get the contacts transferred using the micro-SD card.

And, FWIW, the firmware upgrade has been working great! No hiccups at all.

Hmm, an all in one for terminology and definitions... Maybe the Android a-z dictionary on Android central. There may be one here, as well (I apologize to the mods and creators of this great forum for referring to links outside of this site. I'm simply not up to speed on all of the ins and outs here. I will make it apoint to peruse here and get up to speed.). Sometime this weekend, I'll see if I can make a comprehensive post on definitions of terms, and how all this junk interacts.
As for Google sync, all you need to do is go to settings/accounts and sync. Then go to your primary gmail account, and make sure 'contacts' is checked. From there on, anytime you have to reset your phone, your contacts will come back as soon as you enter that gmail account. In my experience, Google sync is a lot less problematic than backup assistant.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones