• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 SBF Did Not Fully Restore to Stock?

antnyh

Aug 6, 2010
OK, this is weird. I have already used RSDLite 4.8 and the 2.2 SBF file to flash to stock once with this phone. Last night I wanted to flash back again in order to make a backup, like a dummy I forgot to last time, and try a new ROM. The RSD program ran great, took about 10 mins. Completed successfully and phone rebooted. Once it booted back up I didn't have to go through the phone setup and LauncherPro was already my launcher. None of the blur was put back on and all of my apps were still loaded and accessible. I did loose root though. Anyone experience this? If so what happened? Here is my setup. BTW, I restored a backup so I am right back to where I was before the flashing.

Froyo 2.2
APEX V1
No clock mod
Revolution Theme

That is it other than apps that I have DL'ed.

Yep, the SBF leaves the data partition alone. The reason so many people are confused about this is because they used the SBF to restore to a different version of Android (e.g. downgrade from leaked 2.2 -> 2.1). If you remember correctly, part of those instructions were performing a factory reset.

You can SBF all day long and it'll leave all of your apps alone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones