1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2.2 slow with more lagging than 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bmitchell7798, Feb 28, 2011.

1. bmitchell7798

bmitchell7798 Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. George0211

George0211 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    have you tried doing factory reset?

3. bmitchell7798

bmitchell7798 Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    no. I would like to, but how do i back everything up?

4. George0211

George0211 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    Read up on Titenium Backup. There is a ton of info on it here and on the web.

5. Jack45

Jack45 Android Expert
    None

Jul 13, 2010
    Backup - CapFAQ

sremick likes this.
  6. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Franchise Owner
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    just read that and i am still confused...people jump on all the time to say check faq's and yet for very basic...very not so knowledgeable techie guys like me...it is still not enough.
    i have 2.2...i was one of the first as i am canadian and have rogers cell service..and my phone has been slow and laggy since the update months ago and only gets worse.
    i now have to sit there often just waiting for it to do anything i told it too..by that i mean i click applications...lag..wait...wait...i hit back on my phone or home...lag...lag....try hitting it again..oops..there is that haptic feedback...tells me the phone did in fact realize i want to go somehwere but its not ready...so i ..wait and wait.

i want to try some stuff people say to make it better...faster..appears i must back up stuff...but not clear on when and how you do that..i dont know if the fixes will have to be root and if so as a non rooted person...do i get the program best recommended for root which always seems to be titanium...but it says must be rooted to use?

so do i root to fix and then do backup? but then u must back up first..so confused. or do i get that other one..backuppro since i am not rooted now.

i wish i knew what i was doing...or maybe..no offence...i should have got an iphone and be controlled in what i can do a bit more and get a smaller screened less fun phone..but i think android is showing me that it is unpolished and constantly needs playing with to fix things or be buggy and i want a phone that simply works.
    i thought waiting for things like 2.2 do this..but no...i wait for something i am told is like a holy grail... a fix for speed and yet i have a buggier slower phone now. other than flash i see nothing good that has happened to my phone since 2.2.

all these root things i hear about and guy named ryan stuff...sounds hard to do..but on other hand sounds like it makes phone work. something right now is not right..and slow..and laggy ..and kies keeps duplicating photos on my computer rather than just copying new ones and on and on.

i realize i am venting. i realize i am not like most of you and very knowledgeable. i try..but i fail. sorry...........

7. tawerner

tawerner Newbie
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Oregon
    One click lag fix in the market

8. Adam719

Adam719 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011