• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 Software fix update coming...

I wonder if it could end up like one of the HTC Incredible updates. That ones fixes and extras got held back to be added to 2.2... Maybe this update will be held back and added to the 2.3 update. Wonderful thought I know.
Not wonderful if it takes 4-5 months to see Gingerbread.

I don't really have any issues with my phone, but am waiting for the latest updates (or timetable) so I can root and do some other tricky things. Just don't want to SBF back every time there is an update. Want to get the latest reasonable bug fixes, then mod from there.

Upvote 0
I think it was 2-3 months after the Nexus One got Froyo that the Droid X got it.

Froyo probably will be released to the Nexus One/Nexus S in a couple of weeks yet, so figuring a similar timeframe as Froyo, maybe we'll see Gingerbread sometime in February? There's really no guarantee we get an official version at all though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones