1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support 2.2 start up issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lllleooo, Feb 12, 2011.

1. lllleooo

lllleooo Newbie

I just update my phone to 2.2 and now every time I turn it on it takes forever. After it shows the tmobile screen (which now annoyingly makes noise even when the phone is on silent, but thats a different problem) and the galaxy s screen, the phone goes black for a long time although it intermittently shows the notification bar where it says the media scanner is running. It also randomly vibrates a lot during this time. Is there anything i can do to fix this/is it happening to anyone else?

Advertisement

2. clblaine

clblaine Lurker

I am having the same issues. Although I really don't want to go through the hassle of doing a factory reset, if no one knows of another solution, that might be what I have to do.

3. clblaine

clblaine Lurker

I was just poking around the forums some more and found this thread:

http://androidforums.com/vibrant-support-troubleshooting/269109-pin-lock-after-upgrade.html

Apparently the problem has something to do with the pin/password lock. I had the pin lock on. I found this thread, disabled the pin lock, and my phone starts up just like normal now (I've tried it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke). It kind of sucks that I have to either disable the pin lock every time I restart, use the pattern (which I'm not a big fan of) or not have a lock at all, but at least I know what the problem was! I hope this is the problem for you and it is just an easy fix.

4. Fb96

Fb96 Lurker

I also have the problem with start up sound when in silent. Does anyone know how to fix this issue without rooting.