• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 Stock Image Upgrade Help

MikeAce00

Sep 8, 2010
I'm stuck...

2.1, rooted via universal androot, Koush Bootstrap, ROM Manager.

I've flashed the newest clockwork mod in ROM Manager. Errors downloading any previous versions.

Download and install Stock 2.2 Image

And this is where I get stuck.
"replacing stock recovery with clockwork recovery"... then back to main recovery page. No change to phone.

Did I miss a step?

Please Help

The attached picture is the error I'm getting...

Plus when I go back to ROM Mananger it says I need Root access. I've rooted successfully with DroidXRoot (1-Click Root) and also the Universal Androot and neither has made a difference.

I also use wireless tether and drocap to confirm root.

Not sure why I am getting stuck. I have downloaded terminal emulator and also adb on my computer but I haven't messed with either yet because it intimidates me (yeah I'm new to this).

I was under the impression the adb or terminal emulator work isn't needed to upgrade via Rom Manager Stock Image.

Any Ideas?

Attachments

• recovery error.jpg
    recovery error.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Unplugged...

I popped the battery a few times but that didn't seem to do anything but boot back to 2.1 update 1 (Actually i removed the battery because I didn't know to use the volume rocker and camera button for controls in recovery mode.)

I removed some bloatware early on but only some of the basic that seemed to be safe for deletion. Could this be the issue...

I'd really like to move on from here and try the custom roms and themes...

Upvote 0
Reactions: MikeAce00
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones