• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.2 Swype Issue

I never used double tap correction but you can achieve the same thing by putting the cursor next to or inside a word and then clicking the swype button with the"i"on it. I've always used this because it's frustrating when you didn't select the correct word from double tap and then you have to keep tapping and tapping until you get our.

Upvote 0
Mine is still working fine, just like it did before 2.2. (?) I assume you mean, by double tapping a word, it selects it, with draggable cursors on each end of the word.

On a side note, I don't care for the new keyboard though.

Upgraded to Froyo this morning and notice that "double tap correction" no longer works in Swype. This is a huge downgrade from the previous version. Anyone else seeing this or am I missing something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones