1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.2 update gone bad, now SBF wont work!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bobomatic, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Old Man

Old Man Android Enthusiast

My DX was stock 2.1, no root, and it still stuck on the Motorola logo during the OTA update. Battery pull and even a fresh battery did not help, which apparently had solved the others people had brought in to the store I stopped by, so I also have a new phone coming (however, I had to pay for overnight rather than second day delivery).

At one point they asked if I had moved the phone during the update and I responded that I had moved it from one room to another. The Verizon rep said that they had encountered problems with previous Froyo updates for the Droid and Incredible when people moved the phones during the process. Apparently any glitch in the network or switch in the tower can cause this type of problem. So they suggested that I leave the phone sitting in one location and on a charger for any future updates.

Advertisement

2. 2horses

2horses Android Enthusiast

Wonder what they'll do to fix it? Wouldn't a factory reset bring it back to life, in a pre-2.2 state?

3. Pointguard1122

Pointguard1122 Well-Known Member

Factory reset will not work. I am sure Verizon has all the tools needed to flash the new 2.2 bootloader and image. They will not flash it back to 2.1 anymore.

4. bobomatic

bobomatic Android Enthusiast

got replacement phone today it was 2.1. did update, after it installed the moto logo was only on for maybe a minute! the droid eye, took a couple. but this was a LOT faster then the first update on my phone (old phone) i had to factory reset on the first update. its got me thinking that my first phone was possessed! but now im running a rooted 2.2 X.. :)

5. enibudy

enibudy Lurker

not sure if this is gonna help the SBF issue....https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files

you can find all SBF files from 2.1 to 4.5.621 here.

6. ylexot

ylexot Android Expert

Well, since the thread is over a year old, I'm guessing they resolved their issue ;)

7. eperrier

eperrier Lurker

This happen to me after i did the OTA update 621 has there been a way to fix this issue?

8. droid reaper

droid reaper Lurker

Everyone who has got stuck in boot loop i have your answer..and if u attempted to change roms but failed i have the answer to that too.. 1 u need rsdlite easy as typing it in to my friend google.... Then u need to look up your phone.... For ex.. Droidx u type droidx stock rom and what verision u wanna use.. Put the file into rsd lite and boom!!!;d also if that fails .. Look up roms ... From same type of phone diff carrier sometimes helps...