• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.2 update gone bad, now SBF wont work!

EDIT: went to Verizon, the rep looked on his PC said there was at least a 100 similar problems and no fix. sending out a replacement, 2 day fedX...
My DX was stock 2.1, no root, and it still stuck on the Motorola logo during the OTA update. Battery pull and even a fresh battery did not help, which apparently had solved the others people had brought in to the store I stopped by, so I also have a new phone coming (however, I had to pay for overnight rather than second day delivery).

At one point they asked if I had moved the phone during the update and I responded that I had moved it from one room to another. The Verizon rep said that they had encountered problems with previous Froyo updates for the Droid and Incredible when people moved the phones during the process. Apparently any glitch in the network or switch in the tower can cause this type of problem. So they suggested that I leave the phone sitting in one location and on a charger for any future updates.

Upvote 0
got replacement phone today it was 2.1. did update, after it installed the moto logo was only on for maybe a minute! the droid eye, took a couple. but this was a LOT faster then the first update on my phone (old phone) i had to factory reset on the first update. its got me thinking that my first phone was possessed! but now im running a rooted 2.2 X.. :)

Upvote 0
Everyone who has got stuck in boot loop i have your answer..and if u attempted to change roms but failed i have the answer to that too.. 1 u need rsdlite easy as typing it in to my friend google.... Then u need to look up your phone.... For ex.. Droidx u type droidx stock rom and what verision u wanna use.. Put the file into rsd lite and boom!!!;d also if that fails .. Look up roms ... From same type of phone diff carrier sometimes helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones