1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root 2.2 Update Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tranzue, Aug 1, 2010.

1. tranzue

tranzue Active Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    This has probably already been asked millions of times, I just can't seem to find it for sure, anway..

I rooted my phone using the unrEVOked method, and didn't install any custom ROMs or the leaked 2.2 update. I was just wondering what exactly would happen when the update for the real 2.2 comes out, being that I am rooted.

Would it be safe just to install the update, because I believe I read somewhere it takes away root, which I'm not worried about at the moment.

Any other information I should know about it??

Advertisement

2. djl236

djl236 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    I'd like to know this answer as well because I'm hearing conflicting information and am in the same boat as you. I have just a rooted stock 2.1 no updated radio, no 2.2, no custom ROMs etc.

3. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student / Systems Analysis Assistant
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Whatever happens, you'd probably be best off to wait for someone to release a ROM with the final version of Froyo...at least that's what I'll be doing. :p

4. neuro_dee

neuro_dee Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Yea i would have to agree. Its difficult to wait, but hearing the possibility of brick once the official OTA is released, and any other trouble a noob (such as myself) could find themselves in, im staying patient and waiting for the official releases to be hacked.