1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.2 Update Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tranzue, Aug 1, 2010.

1. tranzue

tranzue Newbie

This has probably already been asked millions of times, I just can't seem to find it for sure, anway..

I rooted my phone using the unrEVOked method, and didn't install any custom ROMs or the leaked 2.2 update. I was just wondering what exactly would happen when the update for the real 2.2 comes out, being that I am rooted.

Would it be safe just to install the update, because I believe I read somewhere it takes away root, which I'm not worried about at the moment.

Any other information I should know about it??

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. djl236

djl236 Member

I'd like to know this answer as well because I'm hearing conflicting information and am in the same boat as you. I have just a rooted stock 2.1 no updated radio, no 2.2, no custom ROMs etc.

3. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

Whatever happens, you'd probably be best off to wait for someone to release a ROM with the final version of Froyo...at least that's what I'll be doing. :p

4. neuro_dee

neuro_dee Newbie

Yea i would have to agree. Its difficult to wait, but hearing the possibility of brick once the official OTA is released, and any other trouble a noob (such as myself) could find themselves in, im staying patient and waiting for the official releases to be hacked.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews