• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.2 upgrade on 64 bit???

Hi All,
I recently bought a ATT Captivate that runs on 2.1. I have a 64 bit Win 7 OS on my computer and want to know how to upgrade the firmware to 2.2 on a 64 bit...Tried searching the forums here, but no luck so far... :thinking:

There is a manual on the samsung site considering the captivate is similar to the vibrant that explains what to do. I have attached it to this post to make it easier to find.

Attachments

• Kies_mini_Guide_Vibrant.pdf
    122.4 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: odrewjr
Upvote 0
Hi Stink...
I am a dude all right.. :)

I assume that one does the OTA by going to settings and checking for updates on the ATT server...but that comes back to me saying no update available for now... My phone firmware reads as 2.1upgrade1...

how else do i do that OTA thingy? :eek:

Samsung

For your captivate, there is software on there along with the manual that helps and describes to you what to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones