• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I would be interested to know if those of you who are not getting flash issues on the BBC have installed the flash player update from the market. As I have not and I am getting flash issues.

I was getting the flash issue on the BBC website. My symptoms would be approx 5 secs of jerky playback followed by the browser closing.
Following the above advice I downloaded the Adobe flash update 10.1 off the market (strange, because I was sure I had this anyway, maybe it wasn't the "update!), but long story short, my BBC flash vids are now playing no problems.
Many thanks.

note: only little issue is now this app has sucked 11MB out of my internal mem - bummer!

Upvote 0
iirc when on 2.1 my Desire had basic Flash capability built in, some stuff worked, some didn't, maybe it's the same case here before installing Flash from the market?

Also, iPlayer works but BBC News embedded never did, on my phone on WiFi or 3G or my laptop booted into Win7 or Ubuntu on the connection at home or at University, or tethered and via 3G (I'm in the UK, so it should work).

Phone is working fine atm so I'm going to hold off for now.

Upvote 0
Hey guys.

After a couple of hours in the wild, I can confirm some info.

- there is definitely a problem with Wi-Fi. It won't connect to SOME of my saved networks. One is unlocked and free, my Desire sees it but won't connect for the life of it. Connecting, disconnected, scaning - all the time. But it connected to the WLAN at work without breaking a sweat. Weird. Will take this issue to HTC.
- when multitasking, the interface gets garbled up a bit during the switching between programs.
- battery life seems a bit better. Needs to be more extensively tested to confirm.
- keyboard lags massively in Dolphin (but this might be a Dolphin issue).

So much so far, will keep you posted when I find some more stuff.

P.S. why isn't this forum Tapatalk enabled anymore?

Upvote 0
Right, just went to the iPlayer website, went to BBC Three>Eastenders and it says I have to switch to a Wi-Fi connection to view

If you're telling me you can watch on o2 then I'll be amazed

Just to confirm my iplayer works I followed your route to Eastenders with wifi OFF and I too can watch this ok.
I'm on Orange, so lucks like your just unlucky to be with Vodafone!

Upvote 0
I installed this yesterday.
Have managed to watch an embedded bbc vid and can also watch iplayer (both tested over data connection i'm on t-mobile). All apps are up to date, not got the flash update separately though.
Wifi works fine.
Not sure about battery. Data connection speed seems about average although it can vary quite a bit.

Upvote 0
No I wouldn't either, but you've obviously tried!
I just wanted to clear up that other Desire users can actually use the iplayer website successfully if they wish.

I tried cause people on here were saying they can't watch - I've only ever done it over Wi-Fi in the past as the one other time I tried over 3G it says it's not available for my device. Wonder if it's cause I'm using Dolphin HD as my browser?

EDIT: No it's not, same in stock browser

Upvote 0
@EddyOS

sorry to say but after a factory reset it works now. so it is possible to flash rooted phone from SD successfully

btw, wifi is fine but already had small issues connecting automatically at home before, but so far so good

good luck to all !

Yes, it works AFTER a hard reset, losing all data and apps in the process. If you're happy wiping the phone then go for it but you might as well flash the RUU in that case and have a clean slate

Upvote 0
Hi Guys,
I did update OTA yesterdayday on a de-branded un-rooted Desire. The goldcard was in the phone and all is fine except for the Wifi error. I have tried (many times) to do a manual update using the update files above. I have also made a second goldcard with tha same result.
The error I'm getting when manually updating is:
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop"
. "ro.build.fingerprint") == "htc_wwe/htc_bravo/bravo/
bravo/bravo:2.2/FRF91/218634:user/release-keys"
|| file_getprop("/system/build.prop". "ro.
build.fingerprint") == "htc_wwe/htc_bravo/bravo/
bravo:2.2/FRF91/226611:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I'd rather not have to flash the RUU but it looks that way, if I don't get a similar error to manual update.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones