• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.3.15/Tranquility Account settings problem

travishamockery

Jul 11, 2010
Got a problem since I updated to the leaked 2.3.15 and installed Tranquility. When I go into settings and accounts, I can't add any new accounts and I also can't remove the facebook one that is there. When I click add, it just backs out to the main settings screen and when I go to remove facebook it tells me an error has occurred, try again.

Any ideas out there?

Been getting duplicate SMS as well. As we speak i'm sbf'ing to go back to 2.3.15 w/o tranquility to see if it happens that way as well.

The dbl sms is a moto problem. If you either move Converstations.apk to your sdcard or computer for safe storage it will stop the dbl text. However you can no longer add accounts so add them in advance of doing this. Or you just have to keep moving the Converstations.apk back to /system/app.

Reactions: travishamockery
Upvote 0
The dbl sms is a moto problem. If you either move Converstations.apk to your sdcard or computer for safe storage it will stop the dbl text. However you can no longer add accounts so add them in advance of doing this. Or you just have to keep moving the Converstations.apk back to /system/app.

Just solved all my problems there dude. I had a suspicion that was causing it, so I used titanium backup to freeze that file. I stopped getting the double sms but couldn't add accounts, now I know what all my problems were caused by. Thanks for talking this one out with me haha.

Now to figure out why I'm in a bootloop after sbf'ing from tranquility 2.3.5. ugh.

*edit* forgot to wipe cache, solved that problem too, long day. thanks again dude.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones