1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.3.3: No call sound through headphone jack?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by K_W, Sep 20, 2011.

1. K_W

K_W Lurker

Hello. My Optimus S updated to 2.3.3 this morning and other than the annoying color scheme everything was fine until I plugged in my AUX cable in my car.

With 2.2 I could plug in my AUX cable and listen to music and when a call came through I could hear the person through the car speakers (or headphones), then when the call ended, the music would restart.

Now with 2.3.3 the music plays but when a call comes in the call sound does not come through the cable. This is a big problem while driving, having to plug and unplug the cable. (Same phone, same cable, same car, no previous issues, all other normal sounds OK)

I can't find an option in the menus to enable call sound through headphone jack. Is this a bug or they disable it on purpose?

Advertisement

2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Android Enthusiast

Sounds like a bug to me, I can't see them disabling it as it would most probably render any headphones with mic useless aswell.

3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Hey KW, did you update or download any new apps after the update? I had issues with some apps messing up my headphone when I had my nexus one. The app disabled the FF/RR/play buttons on the headphone.

4. B1Trash

B1Trash Lurker

I have the same problem... hello gingerbread, goodbye phone calls through the car's speakers. I can't find anthing in the settings... I wonder if there's an app for phone calls.

5. K_W

K_W Lurker

So I'm not crazy... :)

My co-workers Optimus S has the same issue as well now, but my boss who declined the update does not.

Anybody else have this issue?

6. Same problem here. I thought my phone was having trouble connecting. Theres just no audio from the phone to the wired earphones during a call.

Worked great until I updated to 2.3 a couple of days ago.

7. Same problem here. Optimus S. Call audio worked fine through wired headphones before 2.3 update.

Since the update a few days ago it has stopped working.

8. K_W

K_W Lurker

I found a fix by chance... I found a cable at Target made by Griffin (model RD17090) on clearance for $5. It is like a regulax AUX cable but has a 4 section 1/8 plug on the phone end and a MIC built in to the radio end. Now my phone and car are cooperating again. :)

[​IMG]

9. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Good to hear that you were able to creatively find a solution to your problem :)

10. B1Trash

B1Trash Lurker

Sprint put the Froyo ROM up on their webpage:

Sprint - Software Downloads - Smartphones - LG Optimus S

My problem is solved. I can use my phone in the car again. As a side effect, my email notifications are solid again as well. Unfortunately, I got used to the little orange text carrot very quickly and I'm gonna miss it. And I'm gonna miss the insane battery life I got with GB, but I'll gladly trade that for a stable communications device.

-Trash