1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2.3.3 RUINED my phone, reboots during .mp3 playback

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jep0617, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jep0617

jep0617 Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Since the gingerbread 2.3.3 update, my phone reboots constantly. All but one time it has happened during .mp3 playback, with the 1 other incident occuring during web browsing. I listen to .mp3's a lot, so this is happening many times a day. It is very frustrating. I even tried a 3rd party mp3 player (mixzing) and it happened using that as well. Any ideas on a possible fix? I have researched it, and while people have had various rebooting problems, I haven't seen anybody post about this specific problem since the update. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. chmodx

chmodx Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 31, 2010
    I had rebooting problems from 596 deodexed, I've since SBF'd back to Froyo and done the OTA without any issue.

Might want to just do a reset and rebuild, it may be your best bet.

3. jep0617

jep0617 Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Yeah, I'd really like to avoid resetting.... never done it and really don't want the hassle of losing all my info and reinstalling everything.

4. ackoolness

ackoolness Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    unfortunately, and not related to yours, i had to reset yesterday THREE TIMES!!! okay, no more yelling. i had to do it three times because i noticed something wrong until the last one i did.

i assure you, i know its a pain but you may have to do it. with Titanium Backup and Google i have learned how to do this in about 30 mins. (install times dont count!!)

really easy to do a reset now, i just dont know why people complain so much. but to each its own.

5. jep0617

jep0617 Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    I did a factory reset and it's still happening. It didn't reboot for a while while I re-installed some apps and got things back to the way I liked it, but then when I installed a calorie counting app called My Fitness Pal, it rebooted almost immediately. I thought it might be that app, but I have since un-installed it, and it still reboots. I have un-installed many of my 3rd party apps to see if one of them is the problem, but haven't found the culprit. It seems to happen after the screen turns off during music playback, whether or not I press the lock button, or let it time out on it's own.

6. arparaspolo

arparaspolo Android Enthusiast
    None

I also have a newly rebooting X thanks to GB. I use my X as an MP3 player in my truck. And I am getting a lot of reboots. Super frustrating. I hope a fix comes along quickly. :mad:

7. jep0617

jep0617 Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    I read in another thread that formatting the SD card may help. Doing that now. Will let you know how it goes.

8. jep0617

jep0617 Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    Formatting didn't work. I have successfully rolled back to 2.2, but i accidentally started the download of 2.3, and couldn't stop it. When it asked if I want to install now or postpone an hour, I postponed, but I don't want to have to do that every hour. Is there any way to delete the update file from the phone?

9. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Hope there is an update to fix this.