• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2.3.3 update issues UK t-mobile image

muncaidh

Apr 4, 2010
UK
Hi All

I have recently updated from 2.1 to 2.3.3. I had to use SE Updater as the PC Companion said 2.1 was the latest. Anyhow Ive hit a few problems and looking for tips.
1. I restored contacts from MyBackup app but it then caused duplicated gmail contacts (which I sorted online) but sync constantly reports "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Any idea how to fix this?

2. I now cant charge through USB

3. After restoring Apps using MyBackup I've lost all the app data (notes) which is an epic fail by MyBackup but the apps are no longer registered in Market:MyApps. How can I re-register other than removing and reinstalling?

4. I've ended up with 2 Facebook apps; market and SE but cant remove either. Any ideas on how to tidy this up.

Overall it 2.3.3 is good, more responsive but ive had a few problems from MyBackup misleading that App data backup doest work and the contacts are screwed and USB charge fails.

Cheers

Hi All

I have recently updated from 2.1 to 2.3.3. I had to use SE Updater as the PC Companion said 2.1 was the latest. Anyhow Ive hit a few problems and looking for tips.
1. I restored contacts from MyBackup app but it then caused duplicated gmail contacts (which I sorted online) but sync constantly reports "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Any idea how to fix this?

3. After restoring Apps using MyBackup I've lost all the app data (notes) which is an epic fail by MyBackup but the apps are no longer registered in Market:MyApps. How can I re-register other than removing and reinstalling?

4. I've ended up with 2 Facebook apps; market and SE but cant remove either. Any ideas on how to tidy this up.

Overall it 2.3.3 is good, more responsive but ive had a few problems from MyBackup misleading that App data backup doest work and the contacts are screwed and USB charge fails.

Cheers

2.1 to 2.3 is not an upgrade. It is a new install.

Read this thread

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/409654-huge-broplem-need-help.html

I would suggest to back everything up.

Wipe user data in 2.1...then install 2.3

In your case, just wipe userdata and reflash.

Setting->Privacy->Factory reset

No clue what MyBackup is, but it sounds like it is a problem....check that thread I pasted above for the best way to backup.

Reactions: muncaidh
Upvote 0
I looked for a while for a solution but in the end had to do a factory reset.
All the issues seemed to come from using MyBackup as after doing a factory reset EVERYTHING is working.
It must have restored a bad config and wrote over my contacts and partially restored my apps.
Anyhoo all sorted now.
Thanks again.

Upvote 0

Cheers
1) Instead of using Google to sync your contacts, use the contacts app. Open Contacts, press the menu button and select backup contacts, done!

2) That's a first, never heard of that one before. But if you can charge via ac, you can charge via usb. The only difference is there won't be an option that says "charge phone" like on 2.1

3) On MyBackup there are 3 options on how to backup apps, apk's only, data only or data+apk's. Always pick data+apk's, but when you restore, restore apk's first, then restore the data. To restore the market links, go to settings/apps/manage apps/market, select clear data, reboot and go back into market, you should be good to go.

4) You're supposed to have two, one is integrated for Timescape, the other is the actual app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones