1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2.3.3 update problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cyb67, Oct 30, 2011.

1. cyb67

cyb67 Lurker
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    Hi, I recently updated my Galaxy S (1) from Froyo to Gingerbread 2.3.3, all went smoothly and seemed fine. After a few days some issues became apparent, notifications were not clearing properly and battery life was horrendous. I did some checking and found discussion suggesting the phone should be factory reset to fix so I reset the phone.

However, the reset did not return the phone to Froyo 2.2, instead it retained some, but not all of the Gingerbread firmware. When the phone was updated, the keyboard changed to the Gingerbread version but the reset has reverted it back to the old 2.2 version. I am not sure if anything else has changed but clearly the reset is flawed.

So my question is can anyone advise how to either force update the firmware again, fully revert back to 2.2 OR repair the current version with the correct keyboard etc? I am not keen on downloading 3rd party Gingerbread keyboards as this doesn't fix some issues with word substitution that was fixed with the 2.3 update.

My phone is not rooted.

Many thanks,
    Mark.

Ps. I note advisers suggest posting the build etc..

PDA : I9000XWJVH

PHONE : I9000BWJV2

CSC : I9000O2UJV3

Build Info : Wed May 4 18:03:59 KST 2011

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

These sort of things tend to be device-specific, rather than Android-generic. I don't have your phone and so I can't help, but I've moved your thread here to the Galaxy S forum where I hope you'll get the help you need from fellow owners. :)

cyb67 likes this.
  3. cyb67

cyb67 Lurker
    None

Oct 30, 2011
    Any chance someone could/might help with this?
    Many thanks.