• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.340 Findings/Fixes....

Great, no idea how to find that. ughhh.
Well, you can start by copying the contents of your SD Card to your PC. Format the SD card and then move some files back at a time until you find the trouble file.

Brute force, but I bet it works.

If gallery works with a blank SD card, you know you are in the right direction.

Also, you could just use the nexus one Gallery 3D apk that's out there and that works fine, even with the corrupted file.

Not sure if they screwed something up in this gallery or what exactly, but this is the 3rd report of the same problem, so something is up.

I did have a corrupted video (it wouldn't play in mvideopayer when I clicked through in using Gallery 3D) and that was my key that that it was the problem file).

Upvote 0
Thanks Big Cat! Now for a newb question... what do I do with .apk files? (besides copy them to my SD card that is).

Are there specific instructions I should follow to unroot or is it pretty straight forward -- just follow the commands in z4root?

Go to files and find the apk on your sd card and tap it. Should install and then after that it is just the tap of a button and you are gtg....:D

Upvote 0
Thanks Big Cat! Now for a newb question... what do I do with .apk files? (besides copy them to my SD card that is).

Are there specific instructions I should follow to unroot or is it pretty straight forward -- just follow the commands in z4root?

It is very straight forward...once you have download it you will see the button that says unroot, tap it and your phone will be unrooted. very easy.

Upvote 0
Really?
Took a couple of seconds for me and it was unrooted.

Since this update has rolled out I have noticed that when my phone is locked it is showing me the end of the backgroud photo instead of the part of the photo that is on my home screen...this happening to anyone else?
I'm trying to root it.

UPDATE: Tried it twice and it didn't give me root :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones