1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.3.4 Gingerbread - BUGGY Operating system?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fomelogo, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Fomelogo

Fomelogo Lurker

Hi people of Androidforums.com:)
    I have recently upgraded my Samsung Galaxy mini s5570L from 2.2.1 Froyo to 2.3.4 Gingerbread, but i have found a couple of bugs/glitches:eek::eek:. Bugs that i don't know exactly how to fix, or if the can be fixed at all. Im here to ask some help from the experts and people who have a lot more experience.

1.- The first bug isn't quite big. The screen shuts off every 25 or 45 seconds. Sometimes i am surfing through the menus, or even playing, and the screen shuts off, in the middle of finger activity (i mean the phone)
    Some times it stays off and some other times is just a flash (meaning it comes back on)
    This shutting off is not screen-locking, because when i press the on button (the only one that wakes up the screen) i instantly see the screen unlocked (before it locks, as that is what the ON button does)
    (HARD TO EXPLAIN... I HOPE YOU GET THE IDEA)

2.- The Wifi doesn't work. I get it on, but i can't open any app. that uses internet. I tryed typing *#*#526#*#* and it worked once, but now my phone just doesn't have internet at all.

I have tryed performing a cache wipe, a system reset... but the f**** problem just comes back to annoy me. both problems do.
    I wonder, can you guys help me?
    I am a basic user, but if everyting is explained with the correc term, i think i can understand and do the things right.
    THANKS
    Fomelogo

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. suicidallooney

suicidallooney Well-Known Member

Sorry mate i don't have any of these problems nor have i heard of these problems before.

Try changing your back light timer and your screen lock timer... not sure if they are seperate.

I have a slight problem with 3G internet but not wifi, try enabling "Data packet" and "2G only" both at the same time on

3. Fomelogo

Fomelogo Lurker

OK i was really trying, and i don't know how, but i realize something. I havent found a solution yet, but at least my problem has a name now.

The thing about the screen shutting off, responds to some weird stuff. When I adjust the brightness of the screen, say at 15% (I usually do) the f***** phone tryes to adjust the brightness by itself. It actually does adjust the brightness, because when the screen turns on again, the brightness takes a higher value.
    Is there any process that you know off that does that? can I kill it with, say, Titanium Backup or something like that?
    Any help will be appreciated
    THANKS
    FOMELOGO

4. yagya

yagya Android Enthusiast

Sorry buddy haven't faced the problem in mine. Why don't you back up your apps and try flashing it again/just try wiping the data(facotry reset.) I think it might solve your problem.

About the wifi, try typing *#*#232339#*#* in your dailer and try again.
    Hope it helps you.
    All the best....

Samsung Galaxy Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Mini release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.14" inch screen, 3MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews